BMO is a Canadian leader in Personalization. We’ve invested in the tools, the people, and the culture to become the best in delivering delightful, compelling, and personalized digital experiences. Our team includes Personalization Specialists (product owners), Content Strategists, UX and Visual designers, Web Developers, QA resources, MarTech specialists, and other digital experts). Our team is rapidly growing, and we are looking for passionate people to help us reach the next level!
Reporting to the ‘ Senior Manager, Personalization’, the ‘ Digital Product Owner, Personalization’ , is responsible for delivering 1:1 Personalized experiences for our customers (40%), and for driving enhancements to the end-to-end technologies and processes that enable market-leading 1:1 Personalization (60%).
The overall objective for this role, and the result of the labour, is to facilitate revenue generation, loyalty, and customer satisfaction through delivering and enhancing 1:1 Personalized Experiences.
In order to be successful in this role, a candidate needs to:
- Aspire to be the best, and inspire others to be the best. Share our passion for leveraging marketing technologies to create market-leading personalized experiences.
- Be naturally at home with a range of web concepts, technologies, and methodologies (listed below)
- Be able to work as part of a friendly and collaborative cross-discipline team
- Collaborate with, and influence, other business & technical teams in establishing the best outcome for our customers and shareholders
- Be proactive in finding ways to innovate and improve our practice
- Deliver 1:1 Personalized Experiences (40%)
- Be the central point of contact for all initiatives on BMO.com. Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to deliver 1:1 Experiences; namely coordinate with Digital Managers, Digital Channel Product Owners, Marketing Managers, Analytics, Customer Contact Optimization, the Leads Management Engine team, Designers, Content Strategist, Developers, QA, and external vendors
- Work with an agile team to deliver these 1:1 Experiences
- Champion and empower teams in leveraging these capabilities for growth in revenue, engagement, and customer satisfaction
- Partner with stakeholders in developing digital strategies based on business objectives, analytical insights, and market trends
- Manage the initiative calendar and backlog
- Create business requirements and user stories to translate business objectives into real-world outcomes
- Enforce deadlines and processe
- Define and deliver enhancements to the end-to-end technologies and processes that enable market-leading 1:1 Personalization (60%)
- Become a subject matter expert in the end-to-end processes and technologies that enable market-leading 1:1 experiences
- Collaborate with business leads on the future vision of 1:1 Personalization - experiences, processes, and tech/data architecture
- Proactively hunt for opportunities to innovate and enhance our processes, methodologies, and technologies
- Standardize processes to create consistency and enable operational efficiencies
- Create transparency in the end-to-end processes through documentation and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create a business case, requirements documents, solutions architecture; and navigate the technology intake processes to turn these documents into functioning capabilities
- Contribute to the operating model and change management strategies
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A bachelors degree or college diploma in business, marketing, computer science, or another related discipline; a masters in the same would be an asset
- 3+ years of digital product management experience
- Must have/be
- Experience writing business cases and requirements documents
- Experience translating business requirements into technical outcomes; and technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with the following would be an Asset but not required
- IBM Interact & IBM Campaign (Formerly Unica)
- Experience with Web Developer tools (Firebug, Console, Network Inspector)
- Experience working with a CMS (WEM [OpenText], Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal, or similar)
- Working experience with Marketing Technologies (Web Analytics tagging and platforms, A/B Testing Platforms, Google’s DoubleClick, Tag Managers, and Data Management Platforms)
- SQL databases
- Proven experience excelling in a team-based collaborative environment
- Celebrate and promote team successes
- Strong relationship-management skills to establish productive working relationships with internal clients, external vendors and stakeholders
- Share our passion for market-leading digital personalization and A/B testing
- Energetic, enthusiastic, influential, and motivational
- Curiosity with a thirst for knowledge
- Embrace a diversity of viewpoints and ideas
- Thrive in an agile, face-paced, environment
- Be able to put yourself in the shoes of the customer
- Demonstrably an analytical, strategic, creative, and critical thinker – can find insights/opportunities, and creative solutions to problems
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Embrace technical challenges and opportunities for learning
- Ability to act decisively
- Keeps promises
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.