The Senior Technical Specialist is accountable for identifying, analyzing and implementing a common framework to provide a structure from which applications are built and/or implemented.
Some Specific Functions of This Role:
- Serves as consultant and researcher in support of applications development teams, applications integration teams, and business partners
- Determines boundaries for the components of an architecture or application
- Articulates strengths and weaknesses associated with alternative solutions
- Provides input for tactical or strategic plans
- Defines custom architecture requirements around a solution
- Provides advice/input to ensure that clients meet their business objectives
- Consults with project teams to resolve technical difficulties
- Provides interpretation of data processing policies, practices and technical standards
- May act as technical interface between S&A and N&S
- May act as lead on internal projects.
- University degree/college diploma, or equivalent technical experience
- 7+ years experience in the IT industry
- Broad knowledge of a significant segment of client business and/or industry standards Significant, in-depth knowledge of one or more areas of systems technology
- Well-developed relationship management, communication and coaching skills
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.