The Business Development Manager, Segregated Funds is responsible to promote BMO Life Assurance segregated fund products within the regional network of independent advisors, either Life, MFDA or IIROC licensed. This role is accountable to prioritize their contact strategy and determine messaging to drive the sales growth and meet sales targets. This position assists directly in the promotion of this product line and acts as the subject matter expert on segregated funds.
• Business Development
• Concept Support
• MGA / Broker Support
• Risk Management
• Consult with MGAs in an effort to promote BMO Life Assurance segregated funds and services to their brokers, including but not limited to, the following key activities:
o Supporting existing relationships with current MGAs and brokers
o Meeting individually with brokers or MGA product specialists to promote our products and attain sales objectives
o Conducting appropriate seminars and workshops to present products and sales concepts
o Providing case support for brokers and MGAs as required to obtain the business
o Identifying potential new MGAs and brokers
• Attend and participate in regional industry events to promote BMO Life Assurance segregated funds and enhance the overall reputation of the company
• Provide monthly reporting of sales results for MGAs and brokers and generate discussions on more productive business development opportunities
• Discuss sophisticated investment concepts based on customer scenarios with MGAs and brokers to demonstrate the benefit of BMO Life Assurance products and provide support to their sales efforts
• Share sophisticated concept solutions with other members of the Business Development Team to leverage success across the regional team
• Provide advanced product training to groups or individuals as required to support the business
• Investigate issues and make recommendations to secure the business and/or mitigate risk for BMO Life Assurance
• Ensure a thorough understanding of competitors’ offerings activities to identify potential opportunities and threats
• Adhere to all aspects of First Principles - Our code of Business Conduct and Ethics including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities
Knowledge and Skills
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field
• 5 years of experience in the insurance industry with a sales focus on segregated funds
• In-depth knowledge of segregated funds, including product design, marketing and administration
• Life insurance license desirable or to be obtained
• Certified Financial Planner or other professional designation an asset
• In-depth knowledge of segregated funds
• Knowledge of investment industry and distributors an asset
• Networking (in-depth) – strong network an asset
• Communication skills
• Problem solving
• Organizational skills
• Able to deliver impactful presentations
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.