Customer Information & Data Governance team strategically manages and administer customer data domain across the enterprise, while ensuring high levels of data quality, integrity, availability, accuracy, completeness, consistency and privacy. The team is responsible for standardizing data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, monitoring/auditing the data quality, and executing cleansing and policy agreements. The Customer Information team focuses on business benefits, fosters the goal of data re-use, upholds governance and regulatory agreements, and articulates the strategic significance of information to the organization.
The Business Analyst acts as the bank’s steward of client data and information across the Enterprise including the supporting of governance processes that ensure data integrity and synergies with other information repositories including product and channel systems, frontline incentive portals, and financial management reporting.
The Business Analyst will be engaged as Subject Matter Expert of Enterprise Customer Information File (ECIF) and Customer Information and Access Management programs that is the key foundation for the delivery BMO Brand Promise and the Digital Strategy Program(s).
The Business Consultant will works closely with T&O partners and the Lines of Business in the delivery and maintenance of the Enterprise CIF, Customer Identity & Access Management and Data Governance Program(s) across BMO lines of businesses
The Business Consultant for CIF for customer information across the BMO LoB’s – establishes an operational enterprise customer information file (ECIF) across BMO Financial group that allows for an integrated enterprise customer experience across channels and LOBs including: Consistent Customer data collection across channels and (i.e. name, address, household, connections, channel preferences/permissions)
- Consistent Customer data collection across channels and (i.e. name, address, household, connections, channel preferences/permissions)
- D irect linkages of product systems to CIF platform as the front end platform to launch into product set up
- Daily Customer information delivered to analytical data marts for use by businesses for insights, analytics and reporting
The role will also be accountable for data remediation, clean-up and cleansing and supporting customer matching and survivorship processes: matching customers for specific line of business across P&C Canada, P&C US, Wealth and cross boarder:
- Facilitate Business requirements for business matching rules for ECIF
- Data aggregation across businesses and channels
- Establish customer permissions and preferences across channels and LOB’s
- Data definitions and cleansing of data rules
Business Consultant/Data Stewart for specific customer/non customer data domain
- Facilitate the development of an integrated view of the data requirements for the Customer domain in partnership with Data Owners and Data Stakeholders:
- Define enterprise standards for data quality with Chief Data Governance Program office
- Determine key performance indicators and data quality metrics
- Review data quality reports with Data Owners and Data Stakeholders to: Understand root cause of quality deficiencies
- Formulate appropriate remediation plans with Data Owners and Technology
- Support the implementation activities for the various project workstreams and support functions including:
- Data Acceptance Testing
- UAT Strategy and Planning including documentation
- Data Analysis, Investigations and Data Remediation
- Issue and Problem resolution regarding ECIF related processes
- Customer Escalations (Merge, Splits, Privacy Incidents, etc.)
- ECIF Maintenance and Enhancements, and Deferred CRs
- ECIF Application Outage support (Production Support)
- ECIF Production Fixes
- Defect & Data Quality Issue Management
- Collaborates with stakeholders, including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
- Within the context of the project, leads discussions with business stakeholders and technology partners to better understand the business environment, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan, if required
- Builds, sustains, and leverages relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Determines the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs
- Directs and coordinates requirements project staff and activities to ensure the appropriate level of coordination of work and resources
- Ensures all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identify who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Participates in the development of strategic and tactical Data Governance and CIF plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
- Provides coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, in order to foster professional development
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 5-7 years progressive business analysis experience, supporting medium- to large-size projects
- Demonstrates good business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry
- Possesses good business understanding and knowledge of the use of technology and applications in business
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Demonstrates good writing and documentation skills
- Possesses good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Displays good interviewing and facilitation skills
- Good understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Visio, Microsoft softwares)
- Is able to communicate with varying stakeholders in different situations (e.g., one-on-one interviews, formal requirements gathering sessions, etc.)
- Possesses good influencing and negotiating skills
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.