The Account Manager is accountable for the total business partner relationship management for a given Line of Business (LOB), and is the focal point for all technology planning and delivery services. In particular, he/she oversees the creation, alignment, and ongoing management of business /Information Technology (IT) strategies, project implementation, ongoing day-to-day maintenance and support, and IT investment plan financial management.
- Identifies business needs for new and enhanced products, services, and business processes, clarifies genuine technology requirements, and matches these to the business partner’s available products or services in order to understand and meet stakeholder needs
- Oversees multi-disciplined Technology and Operations (T&O) teams to develop appropriate technology responses to address business initiatives
- Provides consultancy and advice to business partners on the applicability and usability of alternative technology directions to help address the business problem/issue
- Drives the conceptualization phase of projects and participates in the remaining project phases to ensure business partner needs are met
- Collaborates with business executives and senior management to align technology directions with business strategy and plans and to translate these into technical business solutions
- Develops and oversees IT financial governance and business partner technology investment, including planning and tracking of all budgets for projects and continuing operations, ongoing work prioritization, and monthly financial forecasting to ensure that finances are allocated appropriately
- Develops and conducts regular T&O business partner account reviews at the executive and senior executive level to provide clarity around the project activities and financial spending
- Negotiates service contracts with internal business partners and external clients to ensure the best value for the Enterprise
- Develops and maintains relationships with key third party service and solution providers to ensure productive and professional relationships • Audits documents and models produced by Business Analysts and Business Consultants, as required, in order to ensure quality of the product
- Provides coaching, mentoring, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts and Business Consultants, as required, in order to foster professional development Job Description Account Manager 2 10/28/2008
- Provides managerial leadership to employees, which includes assigning tasks or work, holding regular two-way meetings, setting context, providing feedback on performance evaluations, mentoring, and coaching, in order to create and maintain a high-performing team
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma and/or 12 + years progressive business analysis/business consultant experience, supporting and leading large and enterprise-wide projects
- Possesses broad/diverse business knowledge of a range of functions, products, and/or systems, or expert knowledge of specialized functions, products and/or systems
- Possesses extensive practical experience in application development and/or business partner solution delivery
- Understands current technology trends and process quality methodologies and how these can be applied to the business partner’s business
- Possesses financial/business management expertise
- Demonstrates expert understanding of the Enterprise’s financial processes, in particular those used within T&O
- Exhibits solid knowledge of project management disciplines, practices, and processes
- Understands the Requirements Management Process, software development, and engagement processes
- Understands the T&O organization (i.e., the relations between different technology areas) and stays abreast of the current organizational state
- Understands and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centred design within the context of the organizational standards
- Demonstrates expert relationship management, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal
- Demonstrates advanced coaching, and mentoring skills
- Exhibits advanced strategic business visioning, and planning
- Possesses expert influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrates solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Is able to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous situations
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.