BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. We have worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, we pair high-speed digital innovation with robust IT industrialization, allowing our customers to provide amazing user experiences with optimized IT performance, cost, compliance, and productivity. We believe that technology is the heart of every business, and that IT drives business to the digital age.
BMC The Multi-Cloud Management Company
About the Job
You will be working with a talented and passionate team to bring about BMC’s next generation service catalog.
You will be working with a BA and a product owner to understand the requirements and define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing. You will help assess, estimate, develop test plans/cases and execute them. You will participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing. You will collaborate closely with the UI/UX design and product development team to make sure the requirements are understood and quality goals are met. You will be central in creating and articulating the quality acceptance criteria and responsible for ensuring the overall top quality of our product.
This is a role for talented software QA professional. If you have a strong sense of ownership and deeply care about the quality of the cool products you build then this opportunity could be for you. Yes! Enterprise software can be cool!
What we are looking for
This position is for an experienced software QA professional. You will need the following qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education
- 3+ years of professional experience in testing software
- Experience in testing web applications on variety of browsers and devices
- Experience in testing APIs
- Experience in testing multiple software projects simultaneously
- Experience in working with a structured software methodology
- Experience in systems integration and user acceptance testing
- Experience with test case management and issue tracking tools
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle including requirements definition, initial application design, testing, final implementation and operations.
- Comfortable working with database to create test data sets and analyze the test results
- Comfortable working with Windows, Mac and Unix command line
- Committed to the overall quality of the product
- Familiar with black box testing
- Familiar with Agile development methodology
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts
- Able to manage your own time to meet the deadlines
- Able to troubleshoot issues by examining logs
- Committed to work onsite with the rest of the Vancouver team and collaborate with team members spread across the globe
- Must be very comfortable working as a member of the team with the common team goals
Nice to haves
- Experience with Jira and Zephyr
- Experience creating scripts for automating processes
- Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, Silk Test or other automated and load testing tools
Although we work hard when we need to, we also believe that a good life balance overall produces better results at work, so we offer:
- Sane working hours (with flexible scheduling) and vacations which you can actually take
- A really generous compensation and benefits package (including extended healthcare coverage, RRSP matching program, ongoing employee development)
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.