Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources, demand response, and transactive business models.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
- You are a data scientist, with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience or equivalent applied research, strongly motivated by building impactful and dependable products based on pragmatic and rigorous application of data science knowledge and AI techniques.
- You have the drive to learn, evaluate, and apply a range of data science and AI techniques. The applications are real-time grid and microgrid control and optimization solutions in the context of best scalability, availability, and security principles.
- You are a pragmatic innovator who thrives in a fast-paced, disciplined, and team-oriented environment where we strive individually while supporting, learning from, and building on each other's ideas and efforts to succeed as a team. You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex technical concepts to the level that non-specialists can comprehend. You are effective at teamwork, and you enjoy mentoring.
- What you are Responsible For
- Analysis, design, and implementation of solutions to ingest, transform, and store structured and unstructured datasets.
- Develop statistical and machine learning solutions for analysis, data mining, and modeling of IOT data.
- Develop resilient testing strategies to monitor model performance.
- Prepare documents and presentations to inform and demonstrate.
- Effective interaction with product management, software development, DevOps, project management, and test team to provide cross-functional effectiveness.
- Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Minimum of two year's experience as a Data Scientist within a commercial environment, or equivalent academic research experience with pragmatic experimentation or industry collaborative projects.
- Experience with cleaning, reshaping, exploring, and visualizing data in various formats.
- Strong programming knowledge and skills in Python and/or R.
- Familiarity with machine learning tools and platforms, such as TensorFlow, SPARK, SciPy, Keras, Caffe.
Considered an asset:
- Experience in developing ML techniques for time-series prediction: e.g. regression, support vector machines, and neural networks.
- Familiarity with IOT protocols (e.g. MQTT) and Cloud solution for data storage, processing and consumption for NoSQL databases on services such as Google Data Store, AWS, and Azure. Experience with building RESTful microservices.
- Familiarity with contemporary development practices such as agile development and continuous integration and delivery in a DevOps environment.
- MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related data-intensive fields. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree with strong relevant solution delivery experience will also be considered.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains that is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science.
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, recent grads, and seasoned business professionals.
- Competitive compensation.
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region.
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events such as Ice Cream Fridays and Cosmological Lunches. You will get the opportunity to come up with one!
Position Reports to (Title)
Sr. Vice President, Engineering
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Scientist in a commercial environment: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)