Here’s what you need to know about our Product team: The BlueCat Product team prides ourselves on our diversity and innovation at our core. Delivery of a quality and cutting edge product is our priority. Most importantly, we always have fun while doing it. We run an Agile shop across all three of our products and rely on product demos and daily standups to keep each other in the loop on all of the amazing things that are happening at BlueCat while keeping each other transparent and challenged.
BlueCat seeks a driven, results-oriented Senior Software Engineer
who, along with being a great Developer in their own right, enjoys leading and mentoring other team members in building great products.
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Mentor, coach and lead junior Developers
- Contribute to the development and design of BlueCat’s solutions in an agile, team environment
- Collaborate with your peers, customer stakeholders and partners for technology/solution advancement and product delivery
- Participate in product discussions, influence the development roadmap and take ownership and responsibility over projects to make them happen
BlueCat’s core values are:
- 5+ years of solid commercial software development experience
- In-depth software design experience
- Versatile development mindset with the ability and desire to pick up different languages, frameworks and techniques with ease
- Comfortable working with large, complex codebases and understand the challenges around moving them forward
- Fluent in at least one language & happy working in one or all of Java, C and C++
- Experience with DNS, DHCP and networking is an asset
- Experience deploying cloud applications and/or in containers is a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a strong asset: Node.js, Docker, AWS, vCloud, OpenStack, Postgres
- Experience managing a long-term personal project? Contributed to an open source project? Tell us about it!
Curiosity - We care and inquire about the challenges and needs of our customers.
Clarity - We keep communication crisp, clear, and responsive.
Collaboration - We win with each other, never alone.
Transparency - We ensure all relevant information is available – no questions are off limits.
Ownership - We are responsible and accountable for getting things done.
Working at BlueCat allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates innovation, continuous learning and work/life balance. Feed your passion, be bold, get inspired and grow with us!
What you’ll get from us:
Fast growth for BlueCat means fast growth for you! With the world’s biggest and hottest logos as our clients, we are a well-established business that still operates with the fun culture of a start-up. We get to work hard and still have all the fun without all of the risk! Experienced leaders make sure we keep going to the moon and beyond.
While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with solid compensation/bonuses, education budgets, record breaking sales quarters, and a company culture that values curiosity, clarity, collaboration, transparency and ownership.
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.