Here’s what you need to know about our IT team: The best word to describe the IT team is family. We rely on each other through the craziness to make sure our global team of BlueCats are always supported. We enable the company to deliver as we implement and maintain the best technologies to keep everyone performing at their best. Collaboration and transparency guide everything we do as team, including how we interact with each other.
The Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house, cloud, data, voice, and wireless network services. With a strong Linux, Windows and network background, this individual will be able to design and develop cloud-based environments, local\virtual networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Systems Administrator will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network\server hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network\server hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. This position will also involve ongoing escalated Help Desk duties. Customer submitted service requests will also be completed as assigned.
- Monitor and tune LINUX and Windows systems to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments
- Implement IT Security Policies and Guidelines within their area of responsibility
- Install application software on server hardware when required
- Configure local and cloud networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor local and cloud network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Monitor cloud and production servers, including database, web, ftp, training and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
- Conduct research on network and server products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the tech industry & recommend such items that can enhance performance and management of the network
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences Required:
- 2-3 years’ experience of Cisco, Linux and Windows Administration in a production environment
- Demonstrated administration of VMWare ESX Linux environments, including the ability to create scripts
- University degree in computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience
- Certifications in Cisco CCNP or CCNA
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, SSO’s, VPC’s and WIFI design and implementation
- Proven experience with cloud services such as AWS, Rackspace and Azure.
- Solid understanding of network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network operating systems, including Cisco IOS, Linux distros and Windows
- Proven experience in deploying / maintaining network monitoring software / appliances.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Usual hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., some nights and weekends are required.
- Rotating on call (24/7) shifts.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Occasional travel to other company locations is required.
- Regular interruptions, multiple demand and time pressures.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Occasional bending, lifting, pulling, pushing and reaching/crouching.
Core Values and Overall Characteristics Sought in All BlueCat Employees:
Curiosity – We care and inquire about the challenges and needs of our customers
Clarity – We keep communication crisp, clear and responsive
Collaboration – We win with each other, never alone
Transparency – We ensure all relevant information is available – no questions are off limits
Ownership – We are responsible and accountable for getting things done
BlueCat's Brand Attributes:
Courage is required to make our voice heard
Differentiation will build our brand
Discovery turns experiences into knowledge
What you’ll get from us:
Fast growth for BlueCat means fast growth for you! With the world’s biggest and hottest logos as our clients, we are a well-established business that still operates with the fun culture of a start-up. We get to work hard and still have all the fun without all of the risk! Experienced leaders make sure we keep going to the moon and beyond.
While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with solid compensation/bonuses, education budgets, record breaking sales quarters, and a company culture that values curiosity, clarity, collaboration, transparency and ownership.
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.