- One of our clients has an immediate requirement for an Application Developer in their downtown Edmonton location. The successful independent sub-contractor will start in December 2018 for a 1 year term. Two additional potential contract extensions (for 1 year max) are possible with this role.
- The Application Developer will provide services including, but not limited to, those outlined below. The resource will be assigned initially to the business area for Corporate & Common Services. However, this role may be reassigned to work in other business areas as required.
Description of Services/Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical analysis, architecture design and development of technical solutions to defined business problems.
- Introduce development best practices, guidelines and standards to the development team.
- Identify technical challenges and make recommendations.
- Support of solution components through User Acceptance Testing dealing with defects or client inquires in a timely manner.
- Monitor system performance, availability, resolve and communicate issues.
- Performance tuning of solutions.
- Coordination of implementation and integration of components into ministry's enterprise testing and production environments.
- Perform unit testing as part of software quality assurance activity.
- Attend the Daily Scrum as part of the information sharing and to provide daily status report to the Development team.
- Participate in release and iteration (aka Sprint) plans.
Resolution of project and/or production issues such as:
- Investigation of Technical issues
- Raising and Managing Incidents
- Change Requests
- Releases and Information Requests
- Providing recommendations to management on solution design
- Participate in stabilization activities of production application
- Participate in transition activities to designate, as approved by ministry, for application support services
- Knowledge transfer to operations team and other project members
- Cross-training and guidance to Information Technology Service and Operations Management (ITSOM) on needs basis
- Escalating issues and risks to the development manager and program manager as required in a timely manner
- Communicating project status and issues to the program and client management
- Tested and delivered quality source code into the department's source control model, including installation packages and/or notes built as per specifications and ministry standards.
- Artefacts that support the tracking and reporting of defects related to development, deployment, and testing of the product.
- Artefacts related to individual work items in the form of analysis and design level descriptions.
- Artefacts such as drawings, models, or documents that are used to communicate/explain estimates, analysis, work items and /or product.
- Reporting related to the progress of assigned work, highlighting any expected deviations from previously agreed upon estimates. Monthly reporting related to time expended and related deliverables in support of invoicing detail and invoice payment
Mandatory Skills: (Only Apply if you Meet and/or Exceed below requirements)
University degree in IT, Computer Science (CS) or a related discipline and 4-yr Application Developer (AD) experience;
*2-yr diploma in IT, CS or a related discipline and 5-yr AD experience;
*1-yr certificate in IT, CS or a related discipline and 6-yr AD experience;
*Currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline and 7-yr AD experience.
- 7 Years - Experience developing and maintaining Microsoft .NET applications based on business requirements within an organization of equivalent size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
- 7 Years - Experience developing and supporting an Identity and Access Management solution supporting at least 100,000 user accounts. Number of User Accounts must be noted for each project claimed.
- 3 Years - Experience developing and supporting a solution with a core technology of Active Direct Federation Services (ADFS) 2.1
- 3 Years- Experience developing and supporting a solution with a core technology of Security Assertion Mark Up Language (SAML) 2.0.
- 7 Years - Experience developing applications using Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 or higher, Microsoft C# 4.0 or higher and ASP.NET WebAPI. All technologies much be demonstrated.
- 3 Years- Experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher.
The version of Microsoft SQL must be noted for each project claimed.
- 3 Years- Experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or higher. The version of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) must be noted for each project claimed.
- 3 Years- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, problem solve/troubleshoot, work independently and in a team.
- 3 Years- Demonstrated ability to manage stress and conflict.
- 3 Years- Advanced communication and negotiation skills (verbal and written).
- 3 Years- Experience in an environment with continuous integration (TFS Build, MSBuild or equivalents)
- 3 Years-Experience and technical knowledge of HTTP RESTful Services.
- 3 Years- Experience with post-secondary education or education systems.
- 3 Years- Experience and technical knowledge of JSON.
- 3 Years- Experience and technical knowledge of responsive design.
Who should apply?
- This opportunity is open to Canadian Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens Only.
- Preference is given to candidates who can be available for an in person interview in Edmonton, AB.
- Candidates will need to write an online English Language Assessment test and score a minimum of 60% on the test to be considered for the role. Test is 50 minutes and will be available only on October 10, 2018 between 9:00am - 12:00pm MST.
- This is an independent contractor opportunity - Candidates will need to be incorporated in Canada and enter into a legally binding business contract should they get selected for the role.
- Only apply if you meet or exceed the mandatory requirements listed above. For a higher chance to be successful, you will need to demonstrate/correlate the years of experience claimed by way of work experience/listed projects/project highlights on your resume.
- Contract roles are time bound - only apply if you can actively respond to queries from us and can submit your resume and job matrix 24 hours before the closing deadline.
What happens after you apply?
- Our team will review your resume and evaluate how well you meet and/or exceed the mandatory and desirable requirements.
- Expect to hear back from us within 24 hours for further discussion/instructions.
- Although we value each and every individual who takes the time to submit their application, we can only respond to short listed candidates due to the volume of applicants.
Questions or Concerns before you apply?
- Please visit - https://bluefortsolutions.ca/contact-us
- Sends us quick note and our team will be happy to answer any concerns/questions you may have.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $68.00 to $70.00 /hour