COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area (BIA)
The position of Communications & Marketing Coordinator requires a very technically savvy individual, who is outgoing, creative, organized, tenacious, yet diplomatic. You can work with limited supervision to achieve results and never miss a deadline. The position requires a very strong set of digital/tech skills along with the drive and capability to complete tasks on time. You are outgoing, friendly and willing to be flexible in order to complete tasks within the organization’s mandate. You work well with others and have the knowledge to assist all office digital and IT matters.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working with the Director of Marketing, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with our web design company, the BIA Director of Marketing and using WordPress for content management, you will provide daily and ongoing maintenance, updates and administration to the BIA website, including regular updates to the written content, photos, layout, contest and membership directory, posting member employment opportunities, updating parking rates and maps, sourcing and creating art and copy for community events with the goal of always striving to improve website content and ease of navigation for the end user. Manage and prepare a written report on SEO and Google Analytics results, on a monthly basis to the Promotions and Communications Committee.
- Carrying out regular updates and ongoing maintenance of the membership database of approximately 1,400 BIA members and 160 property owners. Ensuring that all member information, updates and changes are reflected on the Bloor-Yorkville website directory and communications/address lists. Managing and updating the consumer database as required.
- Source, subscribe and review social media & internet sites for articles of interest on Bloor-Yorkville especially retail and development to assist with member movements and activities. Share important information with other staff members.
- Tracking all new businesses to the area, as well as those which leave, in the database and updating all subsequent lists accordingly, including BIA website. Develop and maintain relationships with our Members.
- Updating, preparing and hand delivering Welcome Packages to all new members and ensuring to follow up by retrieving all of the members contact information and details for the BIA database and website directory. Ensuring that the member is aware of the BIA and its initiatives, by conducting in-person meetings at the member’s place of business.
- Creating, implementing and delivering via in-house e-blast or online e-blast service, all Bloor-Yorkville BIA communications to the membership, select groups and the public, including traffic updates, construction updates, promotion & marketing opportunities, meeting notices.
- Research, write, photograph and design the weekly BIA Blog on a timely basis.
- Distribute BIA e-newsletter (Blog posts in a digest version) via online e-blast service every six weeks, or determined in a timely manner with upcoming events.
- Create and carry out RFP when a new website needs to be launched.
- Support the Director of Marketing and assist with all BIA events.
- In accordance with the marketing workback, send website developers and/or post all required event creative images (i.e. Home Page Event Image, Annual Event Image, Blog/e-Blast Header, etc.) on the BY BIA website.
- Carry out timely postings and event hotlinks (when applicable) of all BY BIA Events and Partnerships on the BY BIA website and removal of same in a timely manner after each event.
- Create and send website developers copy for the Event sections of the BY/BIA website.
- Create Blog articles for all BY BIA Events and Community Partnerships or Sponsored events.
- Create and send BY Event and Community Partner Event e-blasts to both a consumer and member databases.
- In accordance with the marketing workback, timely distribution by hand and by email of promotional materials (posters, postcards, brochures, etc.), tourist maps and road closure notifications to members and local condominium buildings.
- Soliciting and solidifying member participation in BY BIA events as exhibitors or vendors and ensuring needs/requirements of members.
- Solicitation and collecting of donated prizes and vouchers from Bloor-Yorkville businesses for contests.
- Tabulating and entering contest entry results.
- Manage relationships with Charitable Partners for Icefest and other events as determined. Manage and organize event volunteers.
- Soliciting of BY BIA members as vendors / exhibitors for events and oversee Toronto Public Health approval for food vendors.
- Attend all events which will include, but not limited to the following execution responsibilities: Event set-up/ tear down, manning a booth or station, assistance with road closure (police, security, traffic signage), set up of event signage or marketing materials.
- Overseeing and updating 3 rd party internet content, pertaining to listings and events for the Bloor-Yorkville BIA on websites such as Toronto.com, Toronto.ca, TABIA, Tourism Toronto (there are 25+). Source free, credible internet listings, online partners and links for our website and events. Provide as much advanced notice to the listings as possible – a year out when available. Supplying PR Company with social media suggestions/photographs for events.
- Administrative duties to include preparing a monthly written Communications Report for P & C and the Board of Management meetings.
- Act as back up to Office Administrator, covering management of front desk duties and lunch break, to include assisting with couriers, guests and members who visit the office and cover lunch breaks. Ordering supplies, processing mail, maintenance and upkeep of all office equipment, taking minutes etc. Assisting with preparation of the Annual General Meeting, which includes the production of the Year in Review video presentation, created in Windows Movie Maker. During the absence of Urban Design Coordinator and assist with information collection, should any BIA owned items be damaged during absence of same.
- Assist office staff with IT, digital presentations, video productions etc.
- Assisting with and participating in all BIA activities and events as required.