By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Assistant Manager will lead their team to fulfil Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. Responsibilities include,
- Direct and oversee the overall operations of the retail location.
- Increase sales volume, upholding customer service values, develop and maintain customer and school relationships, maintain proper stock levels, maintain inventory replenishment orders, special orders, and factory direct drop shipping orders.
- Assists the Store General Manager with the House Account Program including, but not limited to, processing House Account orders, contacting Account customers, and maintaining customer relationships.
- Oversee all aspects of inventory such as: Vendor Direct and Special Orders, Min/Max Changes, Inventory Adjustments, Weekly Cycle Counts, Store Transfers, RTVs, and shipment processing.
- Maintain company POGs, display and signage compliance, cleanliness standards, and supply orders.
- Pre-Inventory coordination of store including creation of store map, section labeling, pre-count assignments, product bundling, labeling all non-scan product, staff assignments for inventory, completion and transmission of all post inventory count forms.
- Ensure compliance to all Loss Prevention and Safety measures, Dick Blick Company Policies and Procedures, and operational controls.
- Shift supervision, including opening and closing the store, managing payroll, creating weekly schedule, staff tasks and duties assigned on a daily basis.
- Interview candidates for open non-exempt associate positions.
- Solve associate issues in partnership with other members of management.
- Execute the training of all store associates on Blick Onboarding Training, Sales Training Program, promotional events, and Featured Products.
- Communicate and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly sales goals for all associates.
- Coordinate marketing programs at store level along with ensuring compliance to National Marketing programs.
- Understand and manage the financial well-being of the store using the annual budget and monthly Profit & Loss reports.
- Oversee ordering of store supplies through retail purchasing and monitor expenses.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Willing and able to relocate for future opportunities if required.
- Minimum of two nights per work week. Must close Friday and Saturday a minimum of one weekend per accounting period, minimum of one Sunday per accounting period.
- Elevates Service Standards
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Champions Core Values
The Assistant Manager directly and indirectly supervises personnel within their store location.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
- Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- High School Diploma, College preferred but not required.
- One year of previous retail management experience or one year of employment with Blick.
- Demonstrated superior sales performance throughout career.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.