Head of Marketing
New York, NY
AVADO is an exciting and fast paced EdTech company; we help individuals and organizations grow with a 'Learning that works' methodology; AVADO's vision is to become a global leader in online education. AVADO has established itself as a major player in the digital learning space having delivered training programmes to over 200,000 individuals and 2,000 businesses globally; including the likes of GSK, FT, Saatchi & Saatchi, Vodafone, and EY.
We have exclusive partnerships with Google and the CIPD, building high quality digital learning programs and, with over 30,000 active students and offices in London, Singapore, Hamburg and New York. AVADO specifically helps businesses and individuals accelerate ambition in two core areas:
- AVADO Digital (Digital marketing/leaders/business transformation via Squared Online developed alongside Google)
- AVADO Professional (HR, Learning & Development, Accounting and Finance)
- Arch Apprentices (Apprenticeships in the UK)
AVADO combines the proven experience of the category leader with the commercial understanding and connections of a progressive VC group (being backed by Blenheim Chalcot).
The main responsibilities will be to guide feature length pieces alongside our Head of Marketing, which generally will run between 500 and 2,000 words, from inception to publication. These stories will run on the company's blog, social media and any publications our PR agency picks up for the articles. The content will be labelled Technology, Digital or Innovations. Our President will pick a story he wants to see covered and as you write the article, help shape it and offer a different direction or locate additional sources if needed. When the article is finished, the writer will copyedit the article for proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure. The writer will also have a hand in choosing which photos will run alongside.
- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff
- Editing and re-writing articles, some of which may be rejected or returned to the writer for revision
- Selecting feature articles for PR agency
- Proofreading all pages before going to press
Desired Skills and Experience
- A four-year college degree at the bachelor's level in a related field, such as journalism, communications or English
- Experience writing on topics of technology and digital is mandatory
- Strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Strong sense of storytelling and the ability to pull out a good feature topic from a brainstorming meeting and guide co-writer in its retelling
- Strong intra-personal skills and be able to convey the changes they feel are necessary to what the co-writer has written or suggested.
AVADO Learning is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accordingly, we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, trade union membership or non-membership, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or being a part time or fixed term worker.