Purpose and Scope:
Responsible for all the timely development and implementation of the Capital Expenditure Program, in accordance with corporate and plant business goals and strategies. The incumbent will also provide technical support to the Operations Group through trouble shooting and optimization initiatives.
- Co-ordination, development and implementation of facility and capital improvement projects and permits with minimal supervision / direction. Achieve through liaison with operations, finance, technical, R&D and Quality Departments.
- Supervise / co-ordinate projects including detailed project scopes, equipment procurement, development of bid documentation and contractor selection, cost control implementation, commissioning, start-up and training for users.
- Lead, co-ordinate and direct multiple projects and cross functional teams simultaneously to meet project objectives related to; new machinery / controls or enhancements to existing equipment and processes being provided to expand operations production capacity or improve efficiency.
- Meet internal customer performance requirements and specifications, deliver on-time and on cost.
- Promote safety awareness, compliance and improvement, develop and implement projects to meet facility goals for improved manufacturing process safety and cost reduction. This will include ensuring compliance to Health and Safety, Environmental, and regulatory laws and policies.
- Determine the operation needs and develop overall projects scope of work, including analysis of capacities, layout design, equipment specifications, installation strategies, cost estimates for best results.
- Direct and co-ordinate the activities of professional engineers engaged in the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of the assigned projects including compliance with permits and applications.
- Communicate project status and updates to all levels of management and staff throughout the organization
- Provide ongoing technical support to operations through troubleshooting of both new and existing equipment.
- Effectively participate in Capital Planning Programs and processes which support continuous improvement in the areas of production quality and capacity, cost effectiveness, environmental and safety compliance.
- Champion the change in and/or innovation of our production techniques and product/equipment design within the realm of the cosmetics industry
- Co-ordinate the OQ,IQ and PQ of new equipment.
Provide training for new equipment for transfer to user department
Experience and skills required / preferred:
- University graduation in chemical or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in a cosmetics and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Professional Engineering Designation or in process of acquiring the designation.
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage and implement multiple capital projects, permits and engineering activities and successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with customized manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in handling equipment assembly drawings, system layout drawings, electrical drawings and work with AutoCAD software
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, a team player, able to multi-task, and meet required deadlines
Excellent computer, organizational, verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills