Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
Bleacher Report is seeking a programmer who will work to curate content from multiple sources to post on our social accounts. This programmer will primarily be responsible for packaging and distributing various types of social content while helping inform and set strategy.
This programmer will be focused on curating and posting news, social content and B/R's owned and operated and premium content via our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Stories and YouTube channels. They will be required to cover live events across all sports and will be asked to assist senior level programmers in creating event distribution plans. An ideal candidate would be described as someone that executes direction well and is diligent with their time management. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is a must. Innovation is a plus when it comes to copy, voice and content packaging. This is a position covering sports in real-time, which requires working a flexible schedule that consists of night shifts and work on weekends.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft /distribute social posts for breaking news, trending and premium B/R content (20%)
- Work closely with other programmers to check copy and properly distribute B/R content (20%)
- Collaborate with other programming groups to align B/R's voice across all platforms (10%)
- Review performance of distribution plans and provide meaningful feedback on quality and quantity of performance (10%)
- Own the look, tone and feel of a sport, platform, or stream during news and live events (20%)
- Take responsibility for crafting and ensuring execution of major event plans (10%)
- Assist in auditing voice across team platform; provide feedback to leaders (10%)
- A strong understanding of B/R's voice and brand
- Experience working across complex and matrixed organizations
- Experience working with social media platforms, breaking news and content creation
- Experience with social content discovery
- Should be comfortable collaborating across multiple departments including editorial & video
- Willing to work night and weekend hours, and holidays
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.