Bleacher Report is seeking a highly-motivated Mobile QA Automation Engineer to join our QA team. We are the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to an unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast-paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment. You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
What else you'll be doing...
- Develop and conduct functional automated testing on Android and iOS App platforms
- Review and perform manual tests to understand the available opportunities for automation to help scale development and testing
- Work with automation frameworks that integrate with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process
- You will work with product owners to identify and prioritize tests that are candidates for automation.
- You will review the automated test code to advise on optimization
- You will be responsible for test planning, bug detection, and code maintenance, and regression testing.
- You will test and communicate QA status on monthly app releases.
- You will work closely with a top-notch engineering team.
Experience you need...
- 2+ years experience in quality assurance testing role and developing test automation for mobile apps on Android and/or iOS - having an understanding of one or more automation frameworks such as Appium, Espresso, XCUITest, KIF or similar
- Ruby coding or similar programming language a must
- Experience maintaining and running automated tests using tools such as Cucumber and Appium
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins/CircleCI and source control system like GitHub
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Must be a self-starter able to take initiative and collaborate on a distributed team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
**Note "sports fanship" was not listed as a requirement. We love all of our engineers, sports fans or not. Those who thrive on technical problem solving will feel just as at home as those that thrive on game 7 showdowns.**
- Familiar with running tests in SauceLabs
- Understanding of Kotlin and Swift
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience working with Applitools
- Familiar with the release management process and optimization
- Python programming a plus
- Experience testing GDPR requirements
- Experience automating analytics for mobile
- Experience automating mobile accessibility
- Experience using Charles Proxy
- Experience working with the Atlassian toolset
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills
Bleacher Report offers a fast-paced, energetic and agile environment that genuinely values and promotes each person's unique talents. We combine the agility of a startup environment with the stability and benefits only a company backed by Turner Broadcasting can bring.
Benefits and perks include...
- Competitive salary
- Variable bonuses based on individual and company performance
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan with matching
- Life Insurance and AD&D, LTD
- Annual conference budget
- Transit stipends
- Subsidized gym memberships
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar with a variety of food and beverages
- Awesome team events year-round, in and out of the office