Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
As a division of Turner, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant startup culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment. You'll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks. We are growing our Web team and looking for a Front End Engineer to work either in our SF office or remotely within the US.
What you'll do...
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions.
- Produce high-quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Write lean, semantic markup and CSS based on mock-ups from a visual designer.
- Work on Node.js projects, solving project wide issues and delivering work on the project timeline.
- Work with DevOps to maintain and optimize Node.js servers in production.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers and QA analysts.
Experience you need...
- 5+ years of front end development experience.
- Extensive experience with modern, accessible, responsive HTML and CSS (including Sass).
- Familiarity building applications on top of REST APIs.
Experience we appreciate...
- Deep familiarity with Node.js and running it in a production environment.
- Contributions to the open source community.
Benefits and perks include...
Bleacher Report offers a fast-paced, energetic and agile environment that genuinely values and promotes each person's unique talents. We combine the agility of a startup environment with the stability and benefits only a company backed by Turner Broadcasting can bring.
- Competitive salary
- Variable bonuses based on individual and company performance
- $5,000 annual conference budget
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan with matching
- Life Insurance and AD&D, LTD
- Transit stipends
- Subsidized gym memberships
- The latest technology and equipment you need
- Fully-stocked snack and coffee bar with a variety of food and beverages
- Awesome team events year-round, in and out of the office