Bleacher Report curates the moments that matter for the hyper-connected Millennial and Gen-Z sports fans across its diverse portfolio of brands including B/R Gridiron, House of Highlights, B/R Kicks and B/R Football. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience across global mobile devices through its highly addictive Bleacher Report app. Follow the action at bleacherreport.com and through Instagram @BleacherReport.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing, the Experiential Director plays a key role in strategizing, executing and managing events for Bleacher Report, including sponsorships, live events, and internal events. We are looking for a candidate who can develop and maintain relationships with a diverse and complex client base: businesses, professional and intercollegiate sports teams/leagues and manage internal matrices across Turner Sports and Warner Media.
- Oversee, supervise and execute the implementation of all event needs to ensure client satisfaction and retention including: venue walk-through and meetings, production and decor requirements, catering needs, staffing requirements front and back of house, ticket scaling and sales (where applicable). Often these responsibilities will also be to coordinate and execute upon Bleacher Report internal events that do not include clients.
- Manage all aspects of special event production and execution including venue deposits, deposit letters, event budgets, deal letters, contract preparation and execution of insurance certificates
- On site management at venue day of event
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with corporations, educational institutions, TV networks, charity / non-profit organizations, and relevant event planners to keep potential partners and vendors top of mind when future events are considered
- Work closely with the sales and client strategy teams to help ideate, price, sell and execute potential events and experiences for Bleacher Report clients
- Develop event budgets with Finance.
- Negotiate financial and contractual terms and work closely with legal department in the preparation, administration, and execution of event contracts.
- Manage a small team of event planners who will help coordinate efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience handling events in an agency, studio, network or production company.
- Must be organized, thorough and be willing to roll up his/her sleeves to handle a wide range of responsibilities.
- Proven ability to think outside the box; be able to pivot on a moments' notice & think on his/her toes.
- A demonstrated track record of success in developing strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Understanding the industry landscape, trends and competitive best practices, must have past experience in driving innovation around how we produce, market and execute events to address changes in content consumption and monetization.
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.