Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Its vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through its top-rated app. In February, 2018, Bleacher Report was named the 3rd most innovative media company in the world by Fast Company. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter @BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Bleacher Report is seeking a passionate sneakerhead for the role of 'Director of B/R Kicks' to refine and innovate the brand's strategic vision, oversee kicks-related original content development, programming, and sales marketing integrations.
This person should be an expert in building hype and creating innovative storytelling experiences across digital and physical mediums. An ideal candidate would be described as an free-thinker who is constantly coming up with new ways to engage audiences.
The Director of B/R Kicks will work cross-functionally, collaborating with the programming, content, design, sales marketing and leadership group on key initiatives.
- The Director of B/R Kicks will own the portfolio brand's overarching strategy and manage the unit's programmers and creatives.
- He/she will serve as the main connection point with sales in developing new monetization opportunities as well as refining current packaging efforts.
- Working closely with the Content team, he/she will develop and execute against a strategy for the promotion (programming) of original kicks content and key B/R talent through all owned and operated distribution channels..
- Set macro-strategy, priorities, policies, and holistic vision for the creation and distribution of kicks content.
- Establish a scalable organizational structure to hold leaders accountable.
- Influence and mentor staff, inspiring a creative culture of innovation.
- Shape goals at the department, team and individual level.
- Provide support and pathways to nurture and grow existing talent and maintain the highest quality of work
- Lead cross-departmental transparency and collaboration.
- Manage and communicate the flow of information to executive management, content leadership, ad sales, and business development teams on strategy and day-to-day execution.
- Partner with Revenue and Marketing to build efficient processes focused on ROI (budget management) relative to monetization KPIs.
- Own departmental budgets, working with internal partners to forecast and actualize based on company needs.
- Embody a group that prides itself on camaraderie associated with 'best in class'.
- 6+ years of programming and/or social content management, ideally in footwear/streetwear/media.
- Demonstrate a user-centric approach to Programming and Content with a mind for process
- Ability to manage up and down, working closely with company leadership
- Experience working in digital media and social media environments
- Bold leadership skills, confident in team building, mentoring and guiding talent
- Ability to inspire, educate and empower others to produce their best work
- Value a culture of experimentation, calculated risk and innovation
- Established relationships with creatives throughout the industry
- Experience attracting, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding senior talent
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Agile, comfortable working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a natural ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Ability to build relationships and cross-departmental partnerships
- Desire to always improve, learn and grow
- Deep understanding of digital landscape, social platforms, and technology trends
- In tune with contemporary internet and youth culture trends
- A knowledge and love of sneaker and sports culture a MUST
- The Director of Kicks will work out of our New York office.
- If applicable please provide a portfolio or reel to showcase your work.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.