Bleacher Report is the social voice of sports - creating and collaborating on the culture of sports for the next generation of fans. Our vision for making sports bigger than games has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where we consistently ranks as the No. 1 publisher. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on mobile devices through the Bleacher Report mobile app, the top-rated smartphone and tablet app for millennial sports fans. Find Bleacher Report on the web at www.bleacherreport.com and on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter@BleacherReport. Bleacher Report is a division of Turner Sports.
Bleacher Report is looking for a Business Development & Strategic Partnerships Manager to help establish, manage, and measure the success of partnerships towards Bleacher Report's business goals. This individual will work with senior leadership from across the organization (content, programming, product, engineering, etc) to determine where partnerships can add value across functions. They will play an involved/supportive role in the negotiation and management of some business relationships, and a leading role in others. These partnerships encompass all Bleacher Report strategic relationships with third parties outside of Bleacher Report's relationships with brands and advertising agencies. Those interested in managing brand and/or advertising agency partnerships should not apply for this role. The Business Development & Strategic Partnerships Manager will report into the Operations team at Bleacher Report.
- Under the supervision of the Business Development & Strategic Partnerships Manager, you will assist with various projects including evaluation of new strategic partnership opportunities, structuring of partnership deal terms, collaboration with internal and external contacts to implement and optimize new partnerships, management of existing relationships, and more.
- You will stay current on industry trends, landscape changes, and competitor moves in order to surface new potential partnership opportunities for Bleacher Report to consider.
- You will use market research and basic financial modeling to assess new opportunities.
- You will tell the story of particular partnerships and other team strategic initiatives in clear and compelling visual form (keynote) to be communicated internally or externally.
- You will communicate consistently and effectively with other members of the organization (across all levels) whose departments are directly involved or otherwise impacted by partnerships and other team strategic initiatives. You will understand and interpret the potential risks and rewards of partnerships under consideration across all functions of the organization, and alongside Bleacher Report's company-wide KPI's.
- You will bring in new partner management best practices and processes, and help improve the Business Development team's operations overall.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in business development, partner management, or strategy/operations role at a sports, media, consulting, tech, or other related field company
- Adept at structuring sound partnership agreements, and possesses a solid understanding of non-sales media partnership deal structures and contracts
- Ability to build and articulate in verbal and written form compelling partnership and other business opportunities, with the intent of driving internal consensus and attaining organizational support and resourcing
- Solid understanding of digital/mobile/social media space and of relevant sports media properties (BR and others); proven interest in the direction the space is heading, current on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Strong business acumen; ability to react and adapt quickly to changes in priorities, goals, and targets
- Proven success record when performance has been evaluated directly according to impact on KPI's; data-driven
- Ability to present opportunities and results through visual/professional mediums (should be a Keynote guru!) and present finished product effectively to audiences of multiple levels
- Experience building business cases and simple financial models; ability to perform analysis on and uncover insights from data
- Strong project management skills (detail-oriented); ability to move multiple proactive initiatives forward, and manage several reactive deliverable responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to own a project independently start-to- finish and to communicate thoroughly throughout scope of project; thrives on the opportunity to hold direct accountability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical, creative, and business-oriented individuals
- comScore, Google Analytics, Crowdtangle, Keynote, Excel
- College degree required
Bleacher Report is a division of Turner. Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.