We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 3 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 30-50 Million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world. Blavity Inc. includes the following brands: Blavity.com, 21ninety.com, ShadowandAct.com, TravelNoir.com, and AfroTech.com.
The Senior Account Executive will report directly to the Sr. Director, Ad Sales, and is responsible for managing the relations and closing business for direct and programmatic ad sales. This is a quota-carrying, client-facing role that primarily collaborates with the Ad Operations and Customer Success.
Previous titles may include: Senior Account Executive, Account Executive
- Consultatively sell Blavity Inc. Ad Products (Direct, PMP and Programmatic-Guaranteed) across our portfolio of sites by presenting our solutions against the client’s digital campaign objectives.
- Cultivate and lead the negotiation process by leveraging financial models to illustrate potential ad revenue and offering strategic alternatives that serve to maintain mutually beneficial terms.
- Schedule and execute virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential and existing clients in order to build robust and meaningful client relationships.
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue goals by closing net new business and uncovering new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Closely collaborate with Customer Success and Accounts Receivable teams on active campaigns to ensure health relationships and billing needs are met.
- Monitor pipeline health by leveraging Salesforce CRM on a daily basis, preparing monthly forecast reports, and clearly communicating your needs to senior management.
- Collaborate with and coach sales Associates in designing impactful sales strategy
- 3-5+ years proven track record in carrying a quota within brand and agency sales, with an existing book of business.
- A strong understanding of online advertising (e.g. Direct, Programmatic, PMP), related technologies (e.g. Google Ad Manager, DCM), and advertising nomenclature (e.g. targeting, viewability, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and analytical mindset, with experience in using excel to support your business case.
- Bachelor's Degree – Business or equivalent preferred
- Experience at a fast-growing startup, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
Successful Ad Sales team members are:
- Entrepreneurs who thrive in a fast paced startup environment and have a strong bias for action, but operate with intention and organization in structuring their workload.
- Skillful communicator who can flex between crafting appropriately targeted emails and sales-driven narratives on live calls.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills.