Blattel Communications is a fully-integrated and comprehensive communications, marketing and business development agency that focuses exclusively on professional services (B2B) clients. We help our clients to think strategically when building their reputations, enhancing their visibility and driving business. With professionals on the east and west coasts, we provide the full complement of services to achieve maximum results for our clients.
We are currently seeking a full-time Account Executive (AE) / Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our team in the San Francisco office.
The ideal Account Executive / Senior Account Executive candidate possesses a minimum of three years of public relations or relevant in-house experience, and is responsive, organized and strategic. The AE/SAE will balance a number of accounts and work directly with each team member to ensure a successful client campaign.
We are looking for someone to hit the ground running, drawing upon previous experience and expertise to service our clients and provide support to our teams. As the news cycle is ever-evolving, we need someone who can keep up with the latest trends and channels. The job will entail immediate responsiveness to breaking news as well as consistent thoughtful and strategic action to move client work forward. It is the perfect position for someone who has an understanding of the professional services industry as well as keen journalistic/PR capabilities.
At Blattel Communications, we work together as a team and strongly encourage collaboration and development. It is a great environment in which to learn, grow and lead.
AE qualities include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the media relations process and PR tools.
- Ability to multi-task a number of initiatives across accounts.
- Knowledgeable on industry trends and related topics.
- Solid editor/writer.
- Polished communicator.
- Interested in all things news and media (print, online, broadcast, social.)
- Oversee day-to-day account activity flow and client communications.
- Participate in client meetings and develop client relationships.
- Monitor current events and identify proactive PR opportunities.
- Leverage capable, PR-oriented command of social media tools.
- Draft strategic action plans and leverage internal resources appropriately.
- Lead regular client reporting – internally and externally.
- Develop and edit thoughtful and thorough client/press materials, including reports, press releases, bylined articles, written correspondence, etc.
- Meet regularly with account team members to review activity and work in progress, discuss significant account information, brainstorm and prepare for future projects.
- Build and maintain a network of media influencers and industry players.
- Attend appropriate new business presentations and assist in developing proposals and other presentation materials.
- Participate in the professional development and/or mentoring of more junior account team members.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in an agency or in-house marketing/PR position.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and Outlook.
- Knowledge of major social media channels.
- Highly organized and hard-working; self-starter.
- Ability to think strategically and critically.
- Experience or familiarity researching and pitching media.
- Knowledge of AP style.
Salary and title DOE.
Email us a cover letter, with your resume attached, at firstname.lastname@example.org.