Marketing & Business Development Assistant
Blaney McMurtry LLP is a multi-service 120-lawyer firm, based in the heart of downtown Toronto. For more than sixty years, we have helped clients overcome challenges and seize opportunities through our continuing commitment to achieving results and building relationships. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service.
The Marketing & Business Development Assistant (MBD Assistant) reports to the Director, Strategic Marketing & Business Development (Director, SMBD). The MBD Assistant also receives work assignments and supervision from the Specialist, Marketing & Business Development.
The Marketing & Business Development Assistant is responsible for the following:
Website & Collateral Materials
- Update all areas of the firm's website using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Write accurate and up-to-date content for publication on the website and elsewhere
- Create biographies for all new lawyers and law clerks who join the firm
- Work with the firm's professional photographer to ensure that lawyer and law clerk photographs are consistent with the firm's brand style
- Produce collateral materials for lawyer presentations, pitches and other purposes
Legal Directories & Award Submissions
- Assist the practice groups and the Director with the coordination of all firm submissions to legal directories
- Act as a main point of contact for all legal directories and be responsible for managing all draft and final submission documents to ensure accuracy prior to submission
- Work with InDesign templates to create advertising, collateral and other materials
- Proofread and ensure accuracy of all firm design materials
- Submit design files, electronic and print, to external parties for publication
- Source all stock photographs
Media Coverage Coordination
Track & record all media mentions
- Interact with external journalists and editorial staff as required
Social Media Support
- Support the preparation and distribution of content for the firm's social media accounts
- Provide general account supervision and maintenance
Event / Seminar Support
- Provide seminar and social event-related assistance. This will involve attending events outside of standard business hours, working at the registration table and other support as required.
- Assisting with other marketing & business development activities as required
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working experience with, and demonstrated proficiency in, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign primarily), Content Management Systems and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics CRM) would be an asset
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Ability to use judgement and to work effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to adapt to and work with people at all levels within the Firm
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Positive and client service oriented attitude
We will review applications as they are received and all applications will be kept on file. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Blaney McMurtry is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to our HR team here.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest in Blaneys.