Marketing & Business Development Assistant
Blaney McMurtry LLP is a multi-service 120-lawyer firm, based in the heart of downtown Toronto. For more than sixty years, we have helped clients overcome challenges and seize opportunities through our continuing commitment to achieving results and building relationships. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Marketing & Business Development, the Marketing & Business Development Assistant will be responsible for legal directories, sponsorships, website content updates, social media support, media coverage coordination, desktop publishing, promotional item management and event/seminar support: Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the practice groups and the Director with the coordination of all firm submissions to legal directories.
- Act as a main point of contact for all legal directories and be responsible for managing all draft and final submission documents to ensure accuracy prior to submission.
- Attend internal meetings and liaise with lawyers throughout this process.
- Act as the main point of contact for all external sponsorships and donations. Once approved internally, coordinate the firm's participation, including: registration of materials required of the firm (ie. event sponsorships, ordering / compiling any promotional items required, and general liaison with lawyers involved and sponsorship representatives).
- File and archive all sponsorship and donation documentation, including requisitioning payment and budget management.
- Update website content using a CMS including: People (lawyer bios), Insights (speaking engagements, publications, media mentions), News (firm announcements), and Practice Areas, and assist with drafting and editing copy.
- Support the preparation and distribution of content on the firm's social media accounts including the distribution of newsletters, publications, speaking engagements, media mentions, community service involvement, news and other items and provide general account supervision and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain marketing content on the firm's intranet; this includes announcements, sourcing and editing images and maintaining the promotional items catalogue.
- Track and record all media mentions.
- Interact with external journalists and editorial staff as required.
- Provide support and assistance creating (using InDesign) and posting advertising and other promotional materials.
- Responsible for ordering all of the firm's promotional items (both general, lawyer/event-specific, and holiday items) and managing the inventory.
- Support the sourcing of new promotional items for the firm.
- Provide seminar and social event-related assistance as required. This will involve attending events outside of standard business hours, work at the registration table and other support as required.
- Handle RSVPs, purchasing, and registration of tickets/tables for industry dinners, galas, and events on behalf of lawyers within the firm.
- Lead the new lawyer onboarding process for the department, including organizing photoshoots.
- Assist with other marketing & business development activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in a relevant field.
- Working experience with, and demonstrated proficiency in, Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign primarily), Content Management Systems and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics CRM) would be an asset.
- Strong organization and excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and set and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to use judgement and to work effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to adapt to and work with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Positive and client service oriented attitude
We will review applications as they are received and all applications will be kept on file. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Blaney McMurtry is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Blaney McMurtry LLP is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.