Bland Landscaping's Estate Gardening department manages some of the most premier estate gardens in the Triangle area. If you want to be a part in maintaining these beautiful gardens, Bland Landscaping searching for an Account Manager to lead the department.
The Account Manager of Residential Grounds Management is hands-on position-supervising foremen and crews with residential landscape maintenance services and all client needs, as well as performing certain planning, administrative and regulatory functions. The Account Manager will promote teamwork within the company.
Responsibilities - Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Management and Accounting
- Provide budgets for all crews as a guide for production
- Monitor the integrity of information provided to accounting system (timesheets and work orders)
- Monitor equipment inventory and tracking of equipment repairs
- Keep informed of new practices in green industry.
- Keep informed of new or potential sales.
- Write progress reports and other documentation needed from the field.
- Become a student of the lean process
Customer Service and Sales
- Serve as main field contact person for clients
- Maintain excellent on site relations and communications with clients, contractors and/or subcontractors
- Meet monthly sales goals for enhancements.
- Main contact for Enhancements on your sites
- Supervise and train maintenance foremen and crews on all aspects of landscape maintenance services
- Conduct a monthly walk through with each client where possible, compiling appropriate documentation as needed
- Monitor and maintain irrigation controller including coordination of repairs
- Review equipment needs and maintenance schedules with Department Manager
- Perform and/or participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Safely operates all maintenance equipment
- Safely drives company owned vehicles (with or without trailers) and transports crew members on routes
- Work with other Account Managers to insure a consistent product
- Work with other managers on work schedules including seasonal work needs
- Work with other departments and personnel when needed
- Help with snow removal in the winter months
- Hands on in the field with crews
- Comfortable with all pruning practices
- Ensure crews are equipped and informed in order to provide the safest, highest quality work in an efficient manner
- Promote proper horticulture by training of foremen and labor in the guidelines of the customer and Department Manager.
- Hands on with crews during all spraying and completing all documentation
- Work closely with HR Manager to promote and enforce all Human Resource Procedures
- Interviewing, hiring, orientation processing and training of new hires
- Participate in intern training
- Continually provide ongoing training to foremen to meet company growth, needs, etc.
- Document absences, tardiness and other disciplinary actions
- Conduct Performance Reviews on Foremen and crews
- Enforce company safety policy
- Must have a min, 2 yr college degree and a min of 2yr exp. In related field OR a combination.
- Must have previous supervisory experience (preferably with Bland Landscaping)
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record (CDL preferred)
- Must have NC Pesticide applicators license
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Ability to acquire CLT certification
- Must comply with Bland’s policies and procedures
- Must practice safety with chemicals and all equipment
- Must wear company-provided uniforms and use personal protective equipment as needed
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
Search words: Estate Gardening, Residential Gardening, Maintenance, Manager, Account Manager