Blake Medical Distribution is looking for a Product Assembler, Repairer, and Delivery Driver.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Day shift 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday (8hour shifts)
- Overtime where required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, positive attitude.
- Ability to meet physical demands, including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive actions throughout the shift, with the ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Expect to receive exposure and training in all aspects of the production floor and hands on experience with the full range of our equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cutting cushions, accessories and backs to the correct size for product assembly using band saw, table saw & scissors
- Assembling backrests using screwdrivers and wrenches
- Working at the glue stations using hot glue as well as water-based glue and sprays with pressurized spray guns.
- Assembling hardware for headrests and backrests
- Building boxes and packaging product in them for shipping
- Being a part of the quality control procedure
- Package products for shipping
- Maintain work area, clean and orderly.
- Ensure facility and equipment is in safe working condition and conduct routine maintenance and start up shut down procedures.
- General cleaning such as but not limited to sweeping & mopping floors and cleaning equipment.
- Assisting other staff with various duties as required.
- Driving within the GTA doing deliveries and pickups when necessary
- Dealing with customers, installing bedframes and mattresses
The ideal candidate profile:
- Energetic, ability to work autonomously, adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and situations and manage stressful situations.
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- English verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and client satisfaction.
- Understand and apply safety standards, policies and procedures, as well as Operating Rules.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Drivers License with a clean drivers abstract
- Must be over 25 years of age. We rent 16 - 20 ft trucks for some deliveries, and their contracts stipulate that no one can drive them under that age.
- Document use, numeracy, oral communication, working with others, continuous learning, hand & power tools, measuring equipment, safe product handling.
Bonus Skills (not required):
- Fork Lift certification, WHMIS 2015 certificate, First Aid, Worker Health and Safety in 4 Steps certification and any other Health and Safety certificates or certifications.
- fast paced environment: 2 years
- Attention to detail: 1 year
- manufacturing: 2 years
- working in a team: 1 year
We are willing to train the right candidate.If you are intersted please send cover letter , Pdf file and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- delivery driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)