Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP (Blakes), one of Canada’s largest and most successful law firms, is currently looking for a Website Specialist/Consultant with Kentico expertise to join the Client Relations & Marketing department in the Toronto office. This is a six-month contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital & Brand, the Website Specialist will assist the Marketing & Communications team with launching the Firm’s new website. The successful candidate will have experience in building websites on Kentico (a web content management system for building websites) and will be knowledgeable with the configuration and the marketing automation/email components of the software.
The Website Specialist must be a self-starter with a passion for digital and email marketing with the desire to work with and be part of a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on Kentico features, such as segmentation, building personas A/B testing, building workflows, etc.
- Recommending best practices for user interface and user experience on the developed wireframes and designs
- Managing workstreams of the project, as well as assisting the team with the master schedule to ensure any risks are minimized
- Working with the team to manage the migration of existing content to the new website and apply meta data/SEO best practices and assist with new pages being built out
- Collaborating with the Business Development teams by providing guidance on key web pages that would include applying Blakes brand framework and SEO best practices
- Overseeing pages requiring translation and support the translation team with migrating the content
- Ensuring all tracking for site analytics are in place and assist with setting up regular reporting for future dashboards and insights
- Establishing and maintaining communication with cross-functional teams to keep them updated on the status of their requests
- Ensuring brand consistency and compliance with accessibility of the website
- University degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience in building websites
- More than two years of experience/proficiency with web technologies specifically with Kentico, including HTML/CSS; other CMS knowledge considered an asset
- More than one year of experience with Kentico’s email/marketing solution is highly desirable
- Experience putting in data tracking, gathering and analyzing web metrics on Google Analytics within the Kentico software
- Demonstrated experience with site SEO tactics
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Law firm experience or professional services firm in a business-to-business environment is highly preferred
- Effective communication and collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to short-term change, proactive, flexible, adaptable and resilient
- Highly organized and excellent multi-tasking, problem-solving and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Knowledge of current mobile-first and responsive web design best practices
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of email marketing best practices, execution and strategy
- Strong computer skills are required, including advanced working knowledge of project management software (Microsoft 365 Teamwork) and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and creatively solve problems
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application and include your cover letter and résumé directly to our application portal.
Blakes wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Who We Are:
At Blakes, we care about our people. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences for not only our clients, but also our employees by fostering an open and inclusive workplace culture. As a winner of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers awards, we understand the importance of fostering an environment that brings out the best in each person. Our success as a firm starts with the hiring, development and retention of top talent.
Blakes welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. The Firm is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment composed of people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, identities and cultures.
The Firm provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.