Blackstone Energy Services is an independent Canadian energy management company with global reach that serves to deliver purposeful change by creating good energy for our clients and our planet. We help guide large businesses such as municipalities, hospitals, financial institutions and manufacturers on a profitable journey to net-zero consumption.
Operates within Blackstone's Energy Engineering Team and assists in preliminary and detailed energy studies, energy services projects building automation optimization, multi-disciplined renewable energy and sustainability efforts. Under the supervision of Energy Engineering Leader, and using sound energy engineering techniques, assists with the required day-to-day activities of all projects assigned.Performs building automation focused energy-engineering analysis and initiatives to Blackstone's standards and policies.
Responsiblefor projects related to analyzing, developing and integrating new Building Automation System (BAS) functionality, and updating and modernizing existing functionality, to current BAS standards, fulfilment and delivery of all assigned energy initiative studies, proposals, projects and monitoring.
- Conducts preliminary analysis of existing Building Automation System (BAS) mechanical and electrical building systems' operations as required to benchmark energy use and identify cost effective energy initiative opportunities worthy of further study and detailed analysis.
- Assists in client site and field-based auditing of energy assets, equipment operation and performance, through the development of programs/protocols which can interface with the clients existing metering, equipment and building automation system.
- Developing, guiding, writing and maintaining programs for building automation systems and assisting in the system design and installation as applicable
- Developing and implementing controller programming including system databases and graphical interfaces
- Development of IOT architecture and networks for enterprise energy information and system management and control.
- Functionality testing in lab and live environments
- Ensure systems comply with local building codes, including green building or LEED certified sites
- Ensure inspection and calibration of inputs and outputs of all primary equipment devices (boilers, chillers, air handling units, hydronic systems, compartment and roof top units) and their associated process control variables and process control loops
- Perform monitoring, analysis, verification and reporting of energy performance initiatives via a graphical interface which will display results using data obtained directly from meter data and the building automation system.
- Development and preparation of detailed energy audits including detailed energy and operational savings, financial and energy modeling, economic analysis, energy systems specification and conceptualization.
- Facilitate communication with other team members, sub-contractors, staff and other employees.
- Adhere to safety standards.High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Holds a degree or diploma for an Electronics, Process Control, Robotics & Instrumentation, Energy Engineering course or Engineering program.
- Demonstrated minute 4-5 years of experience working with Building Automation Systems with respect to system performance updates/upgrades, energy reduction initiatives, and preventive maintenance routines/calibrations, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and HMI programming Controls systems
- Experience with system integration, troubleshooting, networking and software interfaces * Emphasis of PLC Programming, HVAC Controls Installation Troubleshooting & Human Machine Interface (HMI) Development, and Control Loop Tuning
- Sound knowledge of ASHRAE Standards/Codes and recommendation practices
- Proficient computer skills including energy related software, spreadsheets and databases
- Experienced with applications, programming and operation of Building energy management systems
- CAD experience a plus
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Good time management skills as position may require up to 50% field activity
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Work activities are primarily located in Ontario with approximately 35% out-of-office travel
Blackstone is a privately held Canadian corporation with headquarters in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, at Yonge and Eglinton, with additional offices and operations in the USA and Caribbean. We offer:
- compensation commensurate with experience
- a competitive health benefits package
- an infectious enthusiasm for what we do, especially in respect to sustainability through carbon reductions
- a relaxed, bright, modern, open concept office environment
- close proximity to the TTC subway line, as well as dynamic shopping and restaurants
Interested candidates please submit a resume as indicated in the profile. We thank all those who apply and will follow up with only successful candidates to schedule personal interviews with our Solutions team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Automation System: 1 year (Preferred)