We are seeking an enthusiastic Junior Designer to join our growing team at BlackSquare. This is the perfect opportunity to hone your skills in production while being able to be given the opportunity to flex your creativity to help design dope-af experiences. Lets get this job posting started.
This is a full-time or part-time position (depending on the candidate) and will work with our brands and international clients out of our Calgary head office. The company has opportunity for advancement with this position - we're still small but growing quickly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Asia.
Things you should look at before answering this job posting:
- www.WineCollective.ca (us)
- www.CanadaCraftClub.ca (us)
- www.gwdb.io (us)
- www.henschke.com.au (a great client)
- Impeccable attention to detail - sending out an email campaign with errors is embarrassing
- Strong english language skills (hopefully better than the person who wrote this posting)
- Organized like a Japanese master blacksmith. The juggling of schedules, and marketing plans is no place for post-it notes.
- Photography and Videography skills are a nice to have. At the least you need to know how to use photography in your design (this is kinda crazy that we have to even say this).
- Understand the internet and how to make stuff on it.
- Know what is hot or not in regards to current trends, while still having a keen attention to usability/experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Supportive work environment; collaborate with a professional team that values work/life balance.
- Early access to an exciting technology company that's aggressively growing its value - including company options & incentives. Get in on the ground floor.
If you fit the profile, please submit your resume and portfolio and complete the following questionnaire in your cover letter along with your compensation.
SKILL TESTING QUIZ (PLEASE ANSWER THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER)
- What are the most import elements in a design?
- What makes a good photo?
- Favourite font?
- What tools do you use? What is the most amazing tech you've recently worked with and can no longer live without?
- How do you spur up creativity when you hit a wall?
- How would you improve the design of this job posting (on our website)?
- Mountains or Beaches?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Mornings or Evenings?
- I can't believe you got to bonus question 5, ask us a question.
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 4 years (Preferred)