The business analyst is responsible for customer-facing activities, including coordinating client user requests and/or program initiatives for new or modified application functionality. The business analyst determines the compatibility with existing application functionality and capabilities, determines costs and time requirements of requests or initiatives, and provides application design and development support as well as user acceptance testing. In addition, the business analyst may also design and develop client-based reports based on functionality and requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Services, Business Administration, or related field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Access desired
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, remain flexible and adapt to change
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve through analysis and ongoing feedback
- Ability to achieve results through knowledge, commitment and attention to detail and to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work with limited direction
*Major Position Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed understanding of business processes and application software.
- Participates in the design of application software based on business requirements and processes
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current systems and identify the need for improvements along with recommending solutions.
- Create effective, efficient test plans and perform complete testing that result in accurate processing of all data.
- Coordinate and write specifications of requirements for software developers
- Communicate and write installation and operating procedures for end users of computer programs
- Analyze and resolve problems with operations and application, including being a liaison to clients
- Conversion of project specifications into functional specifications, including the use of flowcharts and diagrams that show detailed instructions and logical steps for conversion to programming specifications.
- Formulate plans outlining steps required to develop programs, using structured analysis and design.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; establishing project budget.
- Submit plans to management and users for approval.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Responsible for creating, executing and maintaining operational databases and reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $66,000.00 /year