This is your opportunity to join a world leader in international transportation logistics and freight forwarding. One of the biggest players in this space is expanding their operations here in BC. They also run two European subsidiaries in the same space.
- Designs, writes code and implements clean and dynamic web UI's.
- Prepares design proposals for web solutions.
- Conducts detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, develops and documents designs that meet applicable standards, and identifies, analyzes and resolves complex software and design inadequacies.
- Makes recommendations for changes to web development policies, guidelines and standards.
- Participates in product design meetings and preparation of requirements and design specifications.
- Provides detailed and high-level estimates to assist in establishing development schedules to meet project needs.
- Assists with customer evaluation and testing of web products.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Build skills as a technical team leader.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A university degree in computer science in an interactive/web design discipline (or equivalent)
- 2 - 3 years' (minimum) relevant experience in web development.
- Knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to web and mobile web development.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and best practices of unit testing
- Experience with code optimization. Ability to write efficient code
- Ability to document web designs using industry standard practices.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Understanding the principles and differences between server-side and client-side technologies and processes.
- Knowledge of JQuery
Nice to have:
- Experience with industry tools and processes.
- Experience with KendoUI, ExtJS, or similar
Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status is preferred.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.