This is your opportunity to join a world leader in international transportation logistics and freight forwarding. One of the biggest players in this space is expanding their operations here in BC. They also run two European subsidiaries in the same space.
- Design and writes code and implements clean, dynamic extensible .Net applications.
- Prepares design proposals for solutions to meet the customers' requirement.
- Conducts detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, develops and documents designs that meet applicable standards, and identifies, analyzes and resolves complex software and design inadequacies.
- Makes recommendations for changes to product development policies, guidelines and standards.
- Participates in product design meetings and preparation of requirements and design specifications.
- Provides detailed and high-level estimates to assist in establishing development schedules to meet project needs.
- Assists with customer evaluation and testing of products.
- Monitor and support operation of production systems.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
- Build skills as a technical team leader.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A university degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- 1 - 2 years' (minimum) relevant experience in C# development and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to .Net and C# programming
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and best practices of unit testing
- Ability to document solution designs using industry standard practices.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the customers located around the world using English
- Understanding the principles and differences between server-side and client-side technologies and processes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with industry tools, open source tools and processes.
Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status is preferred.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.