BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Role: US Fixed Income Product Strategy Associate (San Francisco)
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn:
The Fixed Income Strategy Group in San Francisco is seeking a Product Strategy Associate. This role is responsible for commercializing the Systematic Fixed Income team’s alternative strategies including BlackRock’s largest hedge fund, the Fixed Income GlobalAlpha (FIGA) fund, as well as the Capital Structure Investments (CSI).
The Systematic Fixed Income team manages approximately $60B of systematic active fixed income strategies across a range of enhanced index, active and alternative strategies and over $800B of indexed strategies across institutional and ETF products.
- Support the Fixed Income Strategy Group in commercialization of BlackRock’s Systematic Fixed Income team’s alternative strategies
- Develop and maintain an understanding of fixed income markets and mechanics, including both cash and derivative securities
- Be a “student of the market” through understanding and knowledge of current market environment, drivers and risks
- Perform analytical and reporting work as needed to support sales including creation of marketing materials and completion of RFPs
- Support sales teams in the representation of FI capabilities and products to clients, prospects, consultants, and other financial intermediaries
- Communicate to sales investment strategy and performance results through fund commentaries, and provide technical support on products
- Partner with sales to uncover prospect opportunities, help defend existing products and differentiate BlackRock SFI solutions from other competitors
- Research and understand the interaction between fixed income ETFs and the OTC bond market
- Work with Portfolio Management, Trading and Operations to ensure existing and new products can be efficiently manufactured and managed
- Contribute insight and ideas to enhance existing investment capabilities and develop new ones
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop key points of differentiation for BlackRock
Skills and Requirements
- 2-5 years of experience working on the buy or sell side, in a fixed income or related role.
- Knowledge of financial markets theory and economics
- Comfortable with client presentations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bloomberg a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for markets, interest in current events and drivers of financial markets
- First degree in a finance or economics discipline preferable
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.