ABOUT BLACKLINE SAFETY
Blackline Safety Corp. is a publicly-traded wireless location leader (TSX.V: BLN) that develops, manufactures and markets products and services for worker safety monitoring. Headquartered in Calgary, Canada, we employ 130 talented personnel with a diverse array of skill sets, allowing us to fulfill our customers' requirements. We have a global reach with an office in the United Kingdom, a sales team in the United States and a growing international distribution network, and capability to deliver services in over 100 countries. Intermediate
We are socially responsible and transparent with millions invested in safety monitoring research and development over the last decade. Our industry-leading expertise has afforded us the opportunity to empower a diverse spectrum of organizations, from SME's to Fortune 500 companies.
All of our products are developed, manufactured and tested in Canada. Blackline offers a diverse range of safety monitoring products and services that meet the most challenging needs of organizations in every industry.
Who you are:
- You love to develop object-oriented applications on embedded processers. You enjoy the challenge of fitting big features on small platforms.
- You enjoy researching and applying new technologies to solve problems. You understand how things work and fit together.
- You have exacting standards. You find it embarrassing for someone else to find a bug you have released. You like the idea of using test driven development to ensure your code is well structured and tested.
What will you do:
- Design, implement and test new features and products using TDD
- Develop drivers for peripherals, new hardware and processors
- Add support for new gas detection sensors on connected cartridge boards
- Release new firmware across multiple products
What you will need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Experience using C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience working with an embedded RTOS
- Experience writing low level drivers
- Object Oriented Design and Development experience
- Ability to optimize code for space or size depending on the requirement
What is great to have:
- Experience in other programming languages such as Python, Java, Matlab
- Experience designing and developing embedded firmware with UML and TDD
- Knowledge of GSM/CDMA/HSPA networks, GPS and Satellite Communication Systems
- Experience with signal processing and filter design
- Experience with gas detection technology
- Experience with Android App Integration
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions
Our clients depend on Blackline Safety to monitor the well-being of their employees at work — you can help to make a difference. Come work with Blackline Safety in an exciting, fast-paced work environment.
All applications will be reviewed, but only those most qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time