Blackline Safety is recruiting a team of world-class app developers to build, grow and propel our Blackline Mobile Suite of applications. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career as we build a top-notch team of developers! We have a world class connected safety system and we want to put that in everyone's hands, in every possible device, globally. Come work with us in an exciting fast-paced work environment. See the apps you build make a difference in our company and in the global marketplace.
Who you are:
- You are driven, curious, and hands-on with technology. You often look at the app market on your phone and think "I can build that better". If someone tells you something is impossible, the first question you ask is "Why?", then you prove them wrong by building a prototype in your basement.
- You are experienced in app development, but not tied to a specific language or platform. You can evaluate the cross-platform vs. native implementation as what is best for the business, not which technology you are more certain about. You have an app portfolio that proves to us you can build anything you put your mind to. Not only do you know the latest technology decks, you have working knowledge of them.
- You are not afraid to prototype and fail fast, yet you have exceptional standards when it comes to your end product. You are independent, yet you can work with an Agile development team. Your team might not always understand the lines of code you wrote, but they can always rely on all your modules to work harmoniously in an app.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, test, and publish modular apps: Mobile app, SDK, Web app, technology modules that can be used by anyone, not just our company, but vendors, partners, other engineers who dream and build things in their basement
- Build, maintain, and expand our SDK. Take the SDK and build an empire of apps that puts our product into everyone's hands
- Rapid prototyping new business ideas and applying experimental technologies in Mobile, iOT, data analytics, and machine learning space
- Support Project Manager, Sales team and Product development team, with your insights into best practices and new breakthroughs in Mobile app technology
What you will need to succeed:
- Post-secondary degree (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related)
- Strong technical background. Previously built and developed apps and/or systems using Cross-platform technology (Flutter, Reactive Native, Xamarin) or Android, iOS.
- Solid understanding of UX/UI and best practices guideline for mobile apps.
- A demo or portfolio of previously built app/systems
- Demonstrated familiarity with development life cycle and app publishing strategy
- Familiar with Architecture patterns (MVP/ MVVM etc.)
- Familiar with data management (on device) and data exchange (web services with external web app)
- Familiar with performance optimization, caching and security
- Familiar with mobile SDK (using them, building them, etc.)
Apply as a team:
- We're all about teams. If you have worked or are working well with other developers, and you share the vision of building the best-in-class apps together, get them to come with you. We will consider everyone individually and as a team.
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of award winning wirelessly connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly-traded company (TSXV: BLN).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent