The Product Manager is responsible for owning the performance of the category, which entails planning and executing a strategy to increase sales and profitability for the selected product line(s). The category leader owns the Pricing Strategy and Sourcing/Supplier Management for the category for both national brands and BlackHawk private label. The Tools & Fasteners category requires Product Manager who also serves as the subject matter expert developing strategy and supporting the Sales Teams on large customers and large opportunities. This position reports to the Category Leader for Tools, Fasteners, Packaging, Fluids, and Abrasives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales Engagement – work closely with the Sales team on large strategic customers to determine appropriate sales strategy and execute in close collaboration throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop and execute a strategy to increase sales and profitability of the category.This includes product selection for our core offer and in turn supplier selection and partnership, rationalization if needed, product cost improvement, supplier terms and program negotiation, national pricing strategy, private label development where applicable, and driving field engagement and merchandising plans to drive growth.
- Responsible for improving margin rate for the category.Optimize product cost position and rebates to develop the best possible combination of products and suppliers to execute the growth strategy at the best total cost. Manage pricing and margins. Communicate changes to price team and enforce price increase/decrease strategies to grow and protect margin erosion.
- Manage relationships with suppliers relating to pricing, new applications/opportunities and implementation of programs.
- Work with custom wall panel, column line and millwork machine manufactures to provide appropriate tools for customers.
- Provide high technical support as needed for large accounts
- Work with Fastener suppliers on special pricing (one time and program specific deals) and applications. Place request for all samples with suppliers and work on specs for special one off fasteners.
- Work with tool manufactures and custom manufactures on special tool needs and modifications.
- Manage multiple projects and resources to meet customer & BlackHawk Industrial growth and/or cost savings needs
- Create and deliver industry related communication to help educate customers and internal company personnel as needed on changing industry dynamic impacting customers or BlackHawk.
- Business Development support: Create and deliver capability presentations to key strategic customes incorporating the total solution we can provide, Vendor Managed Inventories (VMI), Packaging reviews, Machine Service, Tool Service (both in plant or at our service center), and Technology (B2B & Web).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform all work in accordance to ISO processes and procedures
- Must have excellent product knowledge
- Must have excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to travel regionally, primarily by car.
- Will work at all levels of customer and prospect organizations
- Some direct selling will be involved
- Participation in appropriate community activities will be required
- Must have a desire for rapid and sustainable success.
- History of success in sales positions
- Experience in development of territory and business plans
- Experience in Tools and Fasteners field with major distributor
- Experience in developing and executing successful customer contracts
- Success in working in a team environment
- Experience in working with vendors on pricing and engineered requirements
- Skilled with a variety of computer applications
- Respond in a timely matter
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 10 years successful sales experience in Industrial Sales preferred
- Successful experience as an Account Manager
- 401K Plan and Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- BlackHawk Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer