- Are you a self-driven, team-oriented, office management machine?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment where resourcefulness & problem-solving are the norm?
- Are you obsessed with results, and love tracking data to identify opportunities & challenges?
- Do you want to join a rockstar team in one of the most reputable custom home builders in British Columbia?
If you answered YES to the above then we'd love for you to read on!
At Blackfish Homes or values form the foundation of our company. Adhering to these values will help us build a strong and healthy organization. One that we can all be proud of and enjoy working in.
- Exceptional Service
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Supportive Empowering Environment
- Striving for Excellence
- Always Learning
- Always Improving
Here are your Role & Responsibilities:
- Office Administration
- Project Accounting - Progress Claims, Sub Supplier Invoices & Coding
- Corporate Accounting - Organize and Prepare Financial Information
- Personnel - Time Sheets & Coding, Payroll, Benefits
- Sales and Marketing
- Training & Coaching
- Occupational Health & Safety Program
Accountability & Role Requirements
The Office Manager is the key to the smooth running of our business. The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Available to work regular office hours: 8am-4pm (Flexible working days are an option)
- Good personality fit with Blackfish Homes' culture
- Hard worker, interested in long term, steady relationship
- Great organizational skills, great communication skills
- Flexible and patient with day to day routine, balance structured projects with unstructured demands, and a wide range of tasks
- Answer phones, emails, receive and sort mail, screen solicitors
- Greet and receive clients and subcontractors for meetings, deliveries/pickups etc.
- Organize the office and ensure efficient office operations
- Order and maintain general office supplies
- Facilitate office event planning
- Client outreach (send holiday, birthday, anniversary cards, coordinate move-in gifts)
- Familiar with architecture + construction vocabulary desired, but not required
- Previous construction company experience desired but not required
- Has worked with highly systematized smooth-running office environment
Bookkeeping & Accounting Responsibilities
- Must be proficient in Excel, MS Office and Quickbooks Online
- Experience with Buildertrend Platform an asset
- Coordinate project managers and site superintendents for invoice coding
- Prepare progress claims and project accounting for project manager review
- Keep track of subcontractor paperwork and client contact information
- Payroll preparation, cheques and distribution
- Manage chequing and visa accounts
- Subcontractor and supplier payments
- GST, PST, WCB, Payroll Deductions - preparation and remittances
Sales + Marketing Responsibilities
- Keep track of completed projects needing photography and video work
- Coordinate and schedule photo shots with photographer and clients
- Lead development and management of social media presence
- Help manage project submissions for awards and press releases
- Develop and manage Blackfish Homes Blog
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Construction Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks online: 1 year (Required)