Blackburn Young Office Solutions is the premiere Knoll and full line Global office furniture dealer in Vancouver. Our world is environments - physical settings that include furniture, accessories, and modular architectural products. We are committed to helping our customers create inspiring workspaces, bringing dramatic changes to their workplace.
In our pursuit of excellence, we have built a company that achieves consistency, has character and style, and exudes an engaging and confident personality. Our "attention to detail" is directed as much toward excellence of service as excellence of product.
Our culture, values and focus has allowed us to grow, year over year, outpacing the industry average. And out of this continued growth, we are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our dynamic, passionate and dedicated team.
This is an exciting role, where no two days are ever the same. You're the type of person who can't walk out the door with anything in your inbox. You like all of the boxes ticked off, and make schedules and list, when no one cares but you. It's in your DNA.
Reporting to the Project Coordination Department Manager, a Project Coordinator (PC) performs a variety of key functions in providing top client care while working with our customers to find the right solutions for all of their furniture needs.
Key responsibilities and tasks related to this role include (but are not limited to):
Tracks orders and schedules installations through communication with vendors, customers and installers.
- Enters orders, schedules product deliveries and installations through communication with vendors, installers and customers.
- Provides electronically generated updates of the status of their orders to our clients
- Manages and updates vendor library - works with manufacturer's reps and agents to make sure our product library is complete and up-to-date.
- Supports the delivery of projects through effective coordination and delivery of assigned sub components within overall projects.
- Delivers non-technical projects (i.e. furniture installation, furniture reconfiguration, etc.)
- Liaises with vendors to obtain quote, critical judgement on vendor selection to meet project requirements.
- Creates schedules and monitors progress against timelines.
- Responsible to resolving deficiencies, managing client expectations and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Generates and issues invoices for completed projects.
- Send in Customer Satisfaction Survey for completed projects.
- Assists in the completion of product/service quotations and assists in creating proposals, tender responses and responses to information requests.
- Provides general support to the Sales People in the completion of various projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The PC must be reliable and will be in the office from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday (days/hours are not flexible).
Required qualifications and skills for this role include:
- 2+ year's experience in a project coordination role requiring planning and management of multiple moving parts, within a time-sensitive
- The ability to quickly adapt and reschedule and manage changes regularly.
- Professional and friendly demeanor, with an exceptional ability to create and manage an exceptional client experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office and other database systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) with others for the purpose of providing feedback, conveying information, data exchange, clarification and follow up.
- Ability to influence and persuade others to ensure timely project completion
- Ability to prepare accurate cost estimates, project schedules and determine appropriate resource requirements
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers, vendors and contractors
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- High level of adaptability and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why work here?
- We are doing big business, but with a small business culture.
- We work closely as a team and depend heavily on each other for success.
- We work hard, but we also take time to play hard.
- Variety! No two days are the same. And no two solutions are either.
- See the impact of your work. Your actions are instrumental in taking things from beginning to end.
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please apply ASAP, as we are interviewing immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year