BlackBook Global provides expert and accurate marketing strategies, research and events to our clients. We understand that the success of our clients and our own success go hand-in-hand. At BlackBook Global, we ensure our office is a fun and positive work environment, creating a happy staff that takes pride in our work.
About the role:
The Payroll Assistant for BlackBook will assist with the preparation, updates, and changes to employee payroll information. The Payroll Assistant I will evaluate the accuracy of time and attendance date; also assist employees with payroll questions, issues and processes wage and employment verifications.
- Assist with running a semi-monthly payroll process;
- Process payroll and serve as a back-up to the Payroll Manager;
- Maintain accurate payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data;
- Assist in preparing payroll and benefit contribution information;
- Runs payroll reports;
- Assist in resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information;
- Work closely with Human Resources and Payroll groups to assist in audits;
- Maintain efficacy of payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
- Provide customer service to respond to payroll questions from employees and managers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required, Bachelors preferred
- 1+ years' experience in payroll related field
- Working knowledge of Payroll and Human Resources;
- Experience creating payroll journal entries;
- Experience using payroll software, experience with Workday a plus;
- Extensive experience and capabilities using Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook;