QNX has been a leading provider of operating systems for the embedded marketplace for over 30 years. Our operating system is used extensively in a wide range of embedded systems to powers some amazing things. You can find our software in high-speed trains, in-car infotainment systems, medical devices, advanced vision systems on the International Space Station, and BlackBerry® smartphones. We’re pushing the boundaries of human ingenuity to help create mind-blowing systems in mobile, infotainment, medical, aerospace and more.
Our OS Development Group is seeking a skilled individual for networking development for the QNX operating system. The candidate would directly contribute to the design and implementation of the QNX networking suite. This includes the protocol stack, user utilities and libraries, and possibly drivers. As part of the core operating systems group, the candidate also has the opportunity to participate in kernel and core feature development of QNX’s next-generation real-time operating system. The ideal candidate is an intelligent enthusiastic individual with proven experience in networking and embedded development.
- Develop and maintain networking components in an open-development environment.
- Create and document software specifications and designs that address the needs of QNX customers.
- Provide project estimates for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Provide clear communication with development team members, technical leads, and management on project status, risks and approaches.
- Conduct design reviews, code reviews and unit test with technical peers.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve potentially complex problems and inadequacies in existing software technologies.
- Liaises with customers regarding product performance, problems and system design.
- Develop custom software solutions based on customer requirements.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Software Development experience.
- Experience with relevant programming languages (C).
- Knowledge and experience in some of the following; socket APIs, networking stacks, IPv6, network device drivers, network provisioning and debugging, network protocol analysis, firewalls.
- Experience in embedded and real-time systems development.
- Experience with performance, memory, and postmortem analysis.
- Experience with safety systems.
- Knowledge of POSIX based operating system
- .Knowledge of Python.
- Experience in low-level Assembly and register-level programming.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team.
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: