People: Our Strength, Our Future
A career at Black & McDonald will grant you the opportunity to contribute to our culture of continuous improvement, help reinforce our values and shape our contribution to community, and drive our continued success. Our vision is to be the best company to work for; the best company for safety, quality and value; the best company for customer service; and the best company for technical expertise.
Reporting to the Division Manager, Sales/Business Development Representative will support the overall business development and growth intitiatives of the Tenant Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of strategies for profitable penetration into new or existing market segments in a geographic area
- Establish a client facing presence to position Black and McDonald as the preferred supplier
- Gather intelligence on future work and record information in Salesforce.com
- Track daily client facing activity in Salesforce.com
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal/external customers and work with targeted external customers to determine product/solutions requirements
- Assume lead role in business generation and deal execution
- As assigned, handles proposal, presentation, and client deliverable development from end-to-end.
- Works closely with your Manager to compile, develop, assess and maintain appropriate proposal exhibits, appendices, project profiles and illustrative documents, keeping them current and ensuring materials are well organized and easily accessible.
- Works with your Manager and other colleagues, to develop content, writing, researching, designing, packaging and conducting quality assurance before delivering world class proposals - Always ensuring accuracy and conformance with Black & McDonald’s approach to business and brand guidelines.
- Assists with other communications projects and objectives as required and as time permits, acting as a support to the communications efforts.
- Work closely with the Division Manager and Projects Managers
- Conduct internal Sales meetings
- Change Orientation (open to change and the ability to identify where it is needed and how to make it happen)
- Communicates Effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Continuous Learning (ongoing effort to learn and contribute to the learning of others)
- Customer Focus (understand the needs and perspectives of both internal and external customers)
- Holds Self and Others Accountable (take personal responsibility to meet commitments)
- Problem Solving and Innovation (ability to approach problems logically and seek innovative solutions)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (work cooperatively and collaboratively with others)
- Values and Respects Others (encourages and supports diversity)
Education & Skill Requirements
- Experience with sales proposals, financials and project development
- Strong presentation, and relationship-building skills.
- Success translating business strategies into sales strategies and supporting tools/processes
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills