ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s IT team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The JDE Developer position is located in Markham and typically reports directly to the JDE Team Lead
The JD Edwards Technical Developer will assist with the ongoing assessment & development of necessary interfaces and reports. As an Oracle specialist you will leverage your proven JDE technical skills and development experience to deliver technical support across all the various JDE modules including: Job Cost, Equipment Asset Management, Human Resources and Financial Management. You will utilize your demonstrated ability to liaise with our various business units to define the development requirements and then develop the solution.
- Work in a collaborative team analysing business issues and developing solutions.
- Develop new reports and interfaces in support of our existing JDE and OBIEE implementation.
- Assist and promote a respectful environment for all member of the Corporate Services Group.
- Provide break-fix analysis and support for resolving complex user how to questions.
- Work with project teams and the Oracle vendor to troubleshoot functional application issues.
- Author business process improvements and present recommendations to management.
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting.
- Recommend best practices.
- Act as a back-up to the Technical Support Analyst.
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Post-secondary education (preferably in the field computer science or software developer)
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of technical development employing expertise with JDE development tools such as: JDE Design Aid, Object Management Workbench, Debugger, XML/ BI publisher
- Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework such as JDeveloper and Web Services
- CNC/ESU experience
- C++ development experience
- Create!form experience for forms development