Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine's "Fastest Growing Software Companies" and one of the 2018 "Top 100 Tech Companies in BC" by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
We are in the early stages of a plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join our development team!
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Software Developer is responsible for the efficient design and delivery of high quality software solutions that integrate Microsoft Dynamics software and third party technologies to meet client needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle application development; Tailor software solutions, customizations and enhancements for customers using Microsoft Business Solutions GP and Small Business Manager products.
- Development of high quality code.
- Investigating, analyzing and replicating issues and providing support to customers.
- Testing and analyzing for operational functionality of solutions; delivery of finished products and implementation.
- Perform tuning improvement on software.
Education and Experience:
- Strong software development experience, ability to use development tools including Microsoft Dexterity and .NET to develop software on top of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Strong database knowledge, in-depth understanding of MS SQL server and able to use transact - SQL to develop stored procedures.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP or related ERP Package.
- Accounting certification is an asset.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there's the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.