Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine's "Fastest Growing Software Companies" and one of the 2018 "Top 100 Tech Companies in BC" by Business in Vancouver!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades.
Binary Stream is a values-driven company, with teamwork and collaboration at its core. We believe that achieving world class results takes a world class team. We are proud of our biggest assets, our people.
We are at a pivotal point of growth, and are seeking a passionate, ethical and driven senior sales leader to be an integral part of this exciting mission of scaling new heights. This position will work out of our Head Office located in Burnaby, BC.
The Director of Sales reports to the President/CEO and is an integral part of the company's leadership team. The incumbent is responsible for leading Binary Stream's solution sales activities, while spearheading our growth into new markets worldwide. This role collaborates closely with other members of the leadership team to design and execute on company initiatives related to scaling the business, maintaining healthy company values & culture, and fostering a workplace that supports learning & innovation. The Director of Sales will play an instrumental role in developing and executing corporate strategy, improving processes and data management, coaching sales team members and moving opportunities forward while driving the corporate revenue and sales targets.
The Director of Sales is accountable to maintain an effective sales team by providing thought leadership and direction, coaching for success, and initiating timely corrective actions when required to meet and exceed sales objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the sales organization, appropriate for the company's maturity/size; manage the team to embrace best practices, using refined metrics to ensure accountability
- Develop sales strategies for direct and partner channels that meet the objectives of the company for revenue and market growth
- Manage reporting cycles, forecasts, pipeline and revenue expectations; implement/revise and develop new dashboards and metrics for analysis and predictability of the sales business
- Support global partners so that they play a larger part in driving revenue; develop programs that incentivize partners to develop more mutually successful relationships with the company
- Creating actionable business and sales strategies for direct and partner channels that meet the objectives of the company for revenue and market growth
- Working closely with the sales team, developing and moving opportunities forward, mentoring and coaching the team to achieve goals
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to understand the needs of sales and partners, looking for opportunities to pro-actively generate materials and activities that increase the company's reach
- Partnering with the Director of Development, Professional Services & Support, offering input on market and customer needs that will be useful in evolving the product roadmap
Creating Best Practices and Increasing Scalability
- Implementing and managing best practices and repeatable processes, using refined metrics to ensure individual and team accountability
- Managing reporting cycles, forecasts, pipeline and revenue expectations; implement/revise and develop new dashboards and metrics for analysis and predictability of sales
- Own the data and process as part of the sales operations areas to drive efficiencies
- Establish strategic sales compensation and incentive plans that drive sales results
- Leverage the scalability initiatives to help the business continue to have a strong presence in North America and expand into newer markets in Europe
Leading and Managing
- Lead by example by coaching the sales team and working closely with the marketing team to establish mutually supportive relationships that are reflected in strategic messaging in the marketplace
- As a sales leader you will mentor, coach and supervise a team of 4 sales reps, 3 account managers and 2 product specialist and more members as we continue to grow the team
- As a member of the leadership team, work cross functionally with all leadership members, accurately reporting on market and customer activity and recommending strategies for sales growth
- Act as a role model for the company culture - ambitious, passionate, engaged, collaborative, and always demonstrating high integrity
- Required to travel and participate at trade shows and conference meetings as needed
- Act as an advisor to the President & CEO on various company matters as required
- Work closely with the executive team, accurately report on market and customer activity, recommend strategies for sales growth and anticipate potential obstacles to progress
Education & Experience:
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate mathematical skills re: costing / estimating projects
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills with the ability to clearly demo BSSI products in front of customers.
- Ability to develop and run metrics-based forecasting and reporting
- Proven channel experience would be an advantage
- Experience and knowledge in ERP environment would be an advantage
- Prior experience in coaching and managing sales team is required for the role
- At least 10 years selling enterprise software, and 5 years in a leadership sales position in organizations with annual sales of $10,000,0000 or more
- University Degree in Commerce or in a related business field. MBA considered an asset
- Experienced leader of change and driving organizational restructuring
- Experience and a track record of leading relationships with key strategic partners crucial to long term business success, particularly within the Microsoft partner platform
- Proven track record selling software to mid-size customers, preferably to verticals that include healthcare, finance and professional services
- A highly ethical individual who would not compromise the integrity of the company for the sake of a sale
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there's the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.