Web Designer & Developer NOC 2175
As our Web Designer and Developer, you will be leading the development and management of customers website. The role would be great for someone who can work creatively and collaboratively to create the best website experience for our customers and prospects.
- Ability to set up a WordPress (or equivalent CMS) site from scratch including building, managing and editing templates/themes
- Knowledge of query, Sass/Less and PHP
- Strong understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility and testing
- Strong understanding of CSS media queries and mobile development
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks such as AngularJS
- Ability to turn detailed wireframes and hi-fidelity designs into pixel perfect web assets
- Experience with tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset
- Have an eye for design is an asset and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Sketch and other design software
- A degree or diploma in visual or interactive design, or equivalent ability
- Ability to design in-browser and prototype quickly (and iterate) in code.
- Experience working with content management systems
- Familiarity with WCAG and other accessibility standards and practices
- Understanding of mobile-first, responsive design
- A solid understanding of how designs are turned into functional interfaces via HTML, CSS etc.
- Solid visual design skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products. Employment requirements*
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business
Completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
- Fluency in English -Hindi & Gujarati is must as our unique group of clients are from non speaking English region & Web Designing & launching will be in local languages. Familiarity with such regions is absolutely required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- * 3+ years of experience with front-end languages: 3 years
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate
- o Fluency in English -Hindi & Gujarati