B+H is a global, award-winning, full service design firm recognized for excellence in sustainable design, technical expertise and the delivery of complex, large-scale projects. A legacy of over 60 years of design innovation and problem solving has endowed us with a depth of knowledge, skill and agility that benefits each client we serve, wherever they are in the world.
Working from studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Dubai, we are creating the framework around which people live their lives. Our ability to span across scales and levels of complexity is evidenced by our large portfolio of work ranging from the planning of entire regions and cities through to the defining and shaping of public spaces, individual buildings and interiors – each requiring the coordination of talented multidisciplinary teams.
We are committed to delivering high-performance and sustainable communities, buildings and environments that exceed client expectations, contribute to human well-being and enhance the health of our planet. We believe in the power of design to elevate people’s lives and we are committed to doing everything necessary to deliver environments that outperform our clients’ expectations, now and in the future.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager, North America, the Marketing Coordinator role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects, each requiring different skills and abilities. You will be responsible for assisting with the development of various marketing materials across a variety of touchpoints, conducting market and sector-focused research, developing engaging digital and social media content across all online properties, conference evaluation and coordination, event planning and activations, and tracking and submitting awards in B+H’s North American Markets.
You will join the Global Marketing & Business Development team, responsible for promoting the B+H culture and brand and supporting firm and market sector initiatives globally. You will also work closely with Principals and Sector Leads throughout the firm, providing marketing and communications support on a range of campaigns, initiatives & deliverables.
- Assist with developing presentations, collateral, graphics/visual aids, and leave-behind packages for various opportunities, including but not limited to, speaking engagements, client meetings, internal meetings.
- Ensure document quality via proofreading, correction, and consistent use of company standards.
- Maintain, update, and organize inventory of all marketing materials, including proposals, project description sheets, service sheets, resumes, press materials, presentations and related collateral.
- Maintain marketing electronic document files.
- Coordinate and submit award entries. Track award submission deadlines, manage global award calendar and develop entries for various projects based on awards criteria.
- Support external conference and industry activities including management and tracking of global conference calendar, developing conference speaking abstracts as needed, and identify strategic opportunities by sector.
- Support the development and posting of engaging social media content for market-specific communication programs. Track social media metrics and provide quarterly reports.
- Plan and coordinate all internal and external corporate events and meetings.
- Perform minor website maintenance updates such as adding or removing staff photos.
- Perform updates and edits to various marketing collateral as needed.
- Support special office, client and philanthropic events.
- Conduct marketing research.
- Help develop and continually improve the effectiveness of the department’s procedures.
- Organize and set up meetings as requested and develop and distribute meeting notes as appropriate.
- Provide additional administrative, research and special projects, as needed.
- Support implementation of new Digital Asset Management (DAM) system.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or a related degree or equivalent experience
- 3–5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the A/E/C industry or with a professional services company
- Experience with CRM systems
- Strong writing and creative thinking skills
- Proficiency with graphics and publishing software (e.g. MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based tools)
- Proficiency with social media and web tools (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Yammer, WordPress)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to company values
- Must be highly detail oriented with a strong drive for results, yet also flexible
- Must have the ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Must demonstrate the desire to continually improve results
- A self-starter with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Website editing experience in WordPress is a plus
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Senior Marketing Coordinator, Toronto” in the subject line.