The Corporate IT Development & Delivery department is a software development, support and information delivery department within BGIS’s’ IT Solution Support area. The team provides ERP technical solutions for Finance, HR and Procurement; and develops other departmental software to support corporate business processes.
This is a dynamic team working in a fast paced environment. Based on our company values of Unwavering Integrity, Passion for Innovation, Living Sustainability, Customer Experience and team member engagement, we believe in engineering effective business processes first before delivering solutions. We believe in team transparency and promote healthy technical discussion and debate. We promote self-learning alongside corporate funded training and personal career growth.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Corporate IT Development & Delivery, Senior Systems Analyst/Developer works in the Corporate IT Development & Delivery department as a senior technical resource with one other peer. This position identifies, analyzes and implements user requirements. It also assists in establishing the technical team direction and standard; researches to decide Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions ERP and corporate departmental software needs, technical directions and mentors other team members.
With respect to the Oracle ERP, this position analyzes user requirements and documents the Oracle ERP Technical system design in a highly complex, tightly integrated environment, which includes a few cloud based SaaS applications as well as several client data integrations. This position prepares technical design documents, provides solutions for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality, and designs reports and extensions at program unit level for the Oracle HRMS, OTL, G/L, A/P, A/R, P/O and Project Accounting modules. This position maintains and supports the existing customizations /extensions and changes thereto and the production environment. This position performs development work (actual coding) for more complex requests. In addition to excellent technical skills, strong functional knowledge is an advantage; especially for HRMS. HR Self-service, Payroll and OTL solutions.
For Oracle APEX applications, this position will also deliver full development cycle tasks to support corporate departmental software needs, as well as gap filling needs for other business areas typically to do with urgent business software requirements.
This position also performs investigation of new technologies under the direction of management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Solution: Analyze and document highly complex technical solutions to meet the needs of an assigned project or Request for Change (RFC) requirement.Document the design; perform the programming and unit test the solution according to relevant development standards. Since BGIS is the market leader in outsourced Real Estate Management services, business solution needs tend to arise from acquisitions, mergers, client process integrations, expansion of our services within existing clients and new client transitions within a global geographical perspective.
- Program Modules and Unit: Analyze and document complex technical program units to meet the needs of IT’s internal clients (e.g., Corporate Accounting, HR).Develop the program units according to Oracle EBS development standards.
- System Support: Support production environment (including all existing extensions, interfaces, modifications and reports) analyze urgent problems that occur at a module level.Deal with one time data requests.
- Evaluate new functionality available from upgrades, patches, or new software.Determine the applicability of the new functionality to BGIS’s and the impact to existing customizations, extensions and reports.
- Provide technical and functional knowledge, direction and support to other Systems Analysts and Programmers.
- Able to manage software development project, perform as IT prim member independently in Enterprise critical project.
- Acting department leader if required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Relevant University Degree with COP certification and ERP functional training as definite assets and commitment to profession
- Progressive experience demonstrating expertise that demonstrates mastery in knowledge and application which typically comes with up to 10 years hands-on experience
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle EBS Middle tier architecture and hands on experience with JAVA programming and frameworks like OAF and ADF.
- In-depth knowledge with middleware based cloud integration technology (E.g.: SOA Suite, SOAP, RESTful services, etc.)
- Working knowledge of some of the following Oracle ERP modules function:GL, HR, OTL, AP, PA, AR, PO, and Cash Management
- In-depth Knowledge of data architecture, data modeling and information system development methodologies
- Exposure on .Net technology is an asset.
- Knowledge on handheld device development and (Oracle MAF) is an asset
- Knowledge of Formal Information Engineering methods and approaches is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Manage client expectations well and be able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently and have mentoring/staff management skills
- Able to tackle and learn new technology and solution methodology efficiently.