Real Estate Services
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Director Workplace Solutions is responsible for the development and management of client relationships as well as managing a team of workplace solutions professionals delivering workplace services to our clients. This role is responsible for ensuring that workplace solutions services including Drawing & Occupancy management, Space Planning, Move Management, Interior Design, Workplace Strategy and Change management are delivered in accordance with the contract and identified success measures.
In addition, The Director of Workplace Solutions collaborates with clients to identify needs and opportunities to solve problems in their workplace in conjunction with the workplace solutions Centre of Excellence subject matter experts. The mandate for this role is to ensure successful delivery of workplace services and grow the business within existing and future accounts. Through close partnership with counterparts on the accounts, this position will lead teams and collaborate with internal stakeholders across all areas of workplace services by developing and executing the required sales strategy including but not limited to business case development, delivery model development, costing, proposal development & writing, pricing and negotiation.
This role will work at multiple client locations in the GTA as well as BGIS offices as required to best accomplish tasks and provide effective client and team member support.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective and proactive relationship management and collaboration with key client contacts and other work stream / Line of Business leaders within each account to identify and develop solutions.Strive for 100% client likelihood to recommend BGIS to other clients. Ensure overall client satisfaction, deliverables, internal productivity and profitability.
- Effective and proactive communication with stakeholders such as clients, contractors, and industry bodies (as required) to ensure client satisfaction and BGIS’s success; effective facilitation of the resolution of escalated issues and challenges that include stakeholders
- Lead and direct a team responsible for Workspace Management, including CAFM, Technical Solutions, Interior Design, Strategy & Experience and Project Delivery. Provide direct support to the team with respect to service delivery and administrative issues and challenges. Monitor and support the preparation and execution of schedules, budgets and delivery of all projects or services; ensure implementation of administrative support systems such as finance, procurement, A/P, A/R, are providing optimum support to project/service delivery and are consistent with BGIS standards and needs; strive for 100% team member satisfaction through effective administration and provision of tools and support.
- Lead and direct the assignment of resources as required to meet schedule and budget needs of program execution; actively seek additional project work or scope expansion to benefit the client and BGIS; ensure that projects are started with adequate lead time to complete within client time parameters and to meet BGIS and team needs with respect to work-loading and overall financial considerations; provide reporting required to support BGIS and client needs with respect to program execution
- Create service and fee proposals for potential new business either as a response to RFP or through proposal presentations to existing clients
- Develop network contacts to foster new business as well as maintain good client relationships for on-going business.
- Negotiate scope and/or fee with client when necessary.
- Identifies opportunities to provide additional services / solutions that address client’s needs and business strategy/objectives
- Make certain processes are in place and functional to ensure consistency, repeatability and alignment with BGIS/Client needs with respect to key delivery sub processes such as, document management, change management, scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, team management, regulatory and environmental compliance, communications management, risk management, procurement, approvals.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- University Degree
- MCR designation is an asset
- Demonstrated significant experience related to industry standards and regulations usually acquired over approximately 10 years
- Strong analytical skills in business case development and process management
- Experience with financial reporting and budget / cost management
- Specific experience and knowledge related to the assignment – churn, facility infrastructures, new construction, furniture, occupancy planning & management, design, engineering, client industry sector, government sector etc.
- Software proficiencies depending on assignment – Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, Power point, email, etc.
- Proactive and driven
- Effective people and client relationship management skills
- Conceptual skills- visioning (services and client program needs) and problem solving (innovative solutions)
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Experience in consultative discovery and facilitation
- Experience in managing a distributed team
- Effective interpersonal skills, especially communication (verbal / written) and influencing skills