BESTECH is a trusted team leader of industry professionals delivering services in engineering, automation, energy management and software development. At BESTECH we remain focused on developing and delivering quality products and services, while continuing to design and engineer new and innovative technological solutions.
Recognized as both a leader in innovation and as a top employer in Northern Ontario, BESTECH is committed to a strategy of sustained growth and security, with an eye towards future innovation and diversification. BESTECH is currently looking for exceptional candidates for the following position:
Manager, Process Control and Automation
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Process Control and Automation division. They will be responsible to develop and implement “best-in-class” design processes and automation standards. They will also be responsible to ensure that team members are executing work in conformance with both client and BESTECH standards. The successful candidate will work with the other Managers to effectively manage resources and achieve excellence in project execution as well as Process Control and Automation design.
- Lead business development activities for the Process Control and Automation Division.
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers ensuring that BESTECH remains a leader in Process Control and Automation.
- Establish new service offerings related to Process Control and Automation.
- Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the division including: staffing levels, budgets, and financial, strategic and operational goals.
- Liaise with other division leaders and senior management in the departmental planning process and in day-to-day operational excellence.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures applicable to the Group.
- Participate in recruitment initiatives for the Process Control and Automation division working closely with HR.
- Team mentoring through training, coaching, performance management and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensure projects are successfully executed on time, on spec, on budget by providing guidance and leadership, and allocate resources according to project needs.
- Be hands on and independently contribute to support highly prioritized and urgent projects and balance team workload.
- Review and approve Process and Control Automation proposals/estimates prior to client submission prepared by team members ensuring client relationships are nurtured and maintained.
- Able to ensure that all designs will maintain a safe operating environment.
- University degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering.
- P.Eng with ten (10) years of experience in process control and automation.
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience as a technical and strategic manager.
- Must be knowledgeable in advance control techniques such as: State-Space Controls, Robust Controls, Non-Linear Controls, Fuzzy Controls and Fuzzy-Neural Networks.
- Demonstrated business development expertise within an industrial mining environment and its related processes.
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution and time management skills.
- Proven project management experience with exceptional technical report writing skills.
- Experience preparing and maintaining a fiscal budget.
- Effective communication skills, both one-on-one and group situations.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing to travel.
BESTECH offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.
BESTECH invites applications from all qualified individuals. BESTECH is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and any other protected status. BESTECH offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, or require an accessible version of this job posting, please contact Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online. Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you for your interest in BESTECH. While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with strict confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Further information about BESTECH may be found at www.bestech.com.