Do you love technology and know how to use it? Do you thrive on the daily challenges of working in a constantly evolving field? For members of Best Buy's Information Technology Team, the answer is "Yes." More than techies, our IT team members bring planning, strategy and even communication skills to bear in helping the company grow.
As the Developer II - Java, you're an expert in object-oriented design patterns for Java-based enterprise software development, with an in-depth understanding of Agile and software development lifecycles. On Best Buy's IT team, you will work as part of a product team in an effort to build and integrate new capabilities for the enterprise level business. This may entail designing new features and capabilities, or even leading small project teams in that effort.
As a Developer II - Java you will…
Designing, coding and debugging, unit testing, code review, and performance tuning
Service oriented design and analysis
Assist QA with test automation
Assist Support Specialist with deployment, monitoring, and trouble-shooting
Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
Proactively identify areas requiring improvement, and seek out and recommend new solutions
Teach out new capabilities and industry best practices to others
We hope you are passionate about…
- You crave a fast-paced environment where change is constant.
- You leave your ego at the door and play nice with others.
- Super adaptable, you gracefully navigate any situation you dive into.
- Your solo work is breathtaking yet your team would be lost without you.
- Respect: you give it, you get it, you live it.
- You're a results-driven person who constantly strives for the best in both personal and organizational performance.
- You take accountability for business results and take initiative in improving these results.
- You have a customer-focused attitude, with the genuine desire to help both internal and external customers.
- You're good at building relationships, maintaining them, and networking to support the growth of the business.
- Communication comes easy to you, and you're not afraid to express your ideas or defend your opinions.
- You're a team player who isn't afraid to show your creative side and take initiative.
The experience you need…
- You have 5+ years' experience in web and/or enterprise application development and tiered application design in Java
You have 2+ years' experience in advanced design pattern.
- You have 4+ years' experience working with Java-focused web architectures and platforms (Apache, Apache Tomcat, Web Services).
- Your technical expertise includes JavaSE, enterprise level relational SQL database, Web Services, Rabbit MQ, Testing & Build frameworks (JUnit, Ant/Maven, etc.).
- You're knowledgeable and experienced with Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architecture, application architecture definition, applications design, business requirements gathering, requirements analysis, object modelling, data modelling, and Unix/Linux shell scripting
You're familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- You've designed and developed applications for a clustered or distributed environment.
- You have experience with microservices, DevOps, and NoSQL
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.